Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/24 at 23:59

16 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Shite

bailed out by a soft pen despite being against 10 for most of the 2nd half

Diaby appalling 

Shite. Sums up your comment. Not pretty but a win whilst not playing well and joint top of the premier league. Looks like you want to follow a team that produces faultless performances week in week out. Not sure they exist in the real world.

Just now, MaVilla said:

phew, a wins a win, good job (in the end).

tell you what though, if that Duran pen had been given against us i would have been apoplectic.

no way was it a pen tbh.

Got to take them though because we will get one against us soon.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

😆

I think he also said something earlier in the match about our high line and how "they almost get caught out so many times".  Even the co-commentator had to point out that our off-side trap usually worked pretty well and that we'd won over 100 offside calls this season.  It is hilarious how many times he said something like "oh he'd have been through on goal there if the flag hadn't gone up".  Madness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smg said:

Got to take them though because we will get one against us soon.

100%, i will take it all day long after we have had some bad calls against us.

im just saying, if that was against us, it would be another ref/var eff up against us.

• Like 1

17 points in December?  I think I said I would be happy with 13 or 14 given how intense a period it was going to be.  Incredible effort from the players.  Just a shame that some people think that anything less than a 9/10 performance every match is unacceptable.  Best 12 months as a Villa fan that I can remember and yet according to some we are *****.

• Like 2

Had to grind that one out but we are missing quite a bit out there at the moment. The playmaking influence of Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey and Torres is not there and without it, we are seriously struggling from an attacking perspective. Need to get Torres and Konsa back to CH together and McGinn has to play #10 role not #6.

PS: Bucket list achievement right there ...... moaning when we are top of the Premier League !!!

Edited by Paul33

6 minutes ago, allani said:

I think he also said something earlier in the match about our high line and how "they almost get caught out so many times".  Even the co-commentator had to point out that our off-side trap usually worked pretty well and that we'd won over 100 offside calls this season.  It is hilarious how many times he said something like "oh he'd have been through on goal there if the flag hadn't gone up".  Madness.

For some reason the commentary on my stream sounded like the guy from Anonymous so I turned the volume down and had a Tom Hanks film on the TV (the one where he's stuck in an airport terminal and woos Catherine Zeta Jones).  The Villa boy did me proud.

• Like 1

Â