Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/24 at 23:59

Made life difficult spurning chance after chance to wrap it up and make it 3-1.

Far from our best but after a couple of disappointing results finding a way out of that with all three is extremely positive. Every team is going to have a dip and we are still picking up decent points in ours.

• Like 1

A win is a win, Villa have needed for many a year to grind out wins. Did just that today.

Thought Diaby was much improved but then again he missed a couple of good chances, after their sending off Villa should really have scored a couple to make it comfortable.

Kamara back will add some stability and bolster the first eleven, we need him and he'll be fresh.

5 minutes ago, Icarium said:

I don't think we have ever deserved 3 points less than we did today. 

This team continues to do my head in, apart from manc and arsenal we have been playing poorly for weeks, yet somehow still keep putting points on the board. 

The January window can't come soon enough.

That’s the sign of a bloody good team

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Trafford pulled off at least 3 great saves too. But we persevered and deserve it.

Yep. Not a classic win, but shows resolve. A good reaction to the last week. 

• Like 2

A win is a win, but we are massively unconvincing at the moment.

Everyone can get a bit of rest now and hopefully we can being in a couple of new players help us stay in the races.

Ollie MOTM.

A switched-on Kamara is critical to our success. I expect that we will be back to our best vs Everton. 

• Like 1

Happy with the result, not overly happy we are still using certain players from the start.

Injuries and suspension has cost us at least 3 points in the last 2 games so 3 today was vital.

Ramsey not fit enough shouldn't be starting

Lenget back to the bench please

Diaby back to the bench please 

Torres comes on and all of a sudden we have the whole pitch we can play in.

Bailey the best on the pitch by far, the only one who looked like he wanted to take them on.

We need a rest and 2 good players to be brought in to help, a defensive midfielder who can pass the ball and a quick right back who can pass the ball.

Well done for 2023, beyind 99% of fans imagination after the fulham away game.

let's try and keep it going in 2024

• Thanks 1

Just now, maqroll said:

A switched-on Kamara is critical to our success. I expect that we will be back to our best vs Everton. 

Kamara and Konsa back in the centre and we'll look a different team, I hope.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

"That Konsa yellow is stupid. Grown men should be able to regulate their emotions" is a hell of a take coming from, uh, the VillaTalk match thread

Hang this in the Louvre

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

They were all visibly tired, even McGinn.

Love this.  "Even McGinn"!  The man who looks like his athlete's diet is pies and kebabs but he happens to run uphill a lot carrying a particularly heavy set of bagpipes.

Not having a pop - I love John and he's been **** brilliant and will clearly run himself into the ground for the cause, but he'd look tired 30 mins into a friendly against Solihull Moors!

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Thought Diaby was much improved but then again he missed a couple of good chances, after their sending off Villa should really have scored a couple to make it comfortable.

Agreed. He finished one of his chances and did a lot of good things. He hoofed a few over but just needs to avoid getting under the ball. He's not missing left-to-right.

Â