Villa's 150th anniversary logo

ender4

Whatever it is and whatever it’s for… it’s pretty pathetic.

An abysmal effort.

Trying not to let this affect my feelings toward how our new club crest might look but… it’s difficult and hard not to be concerned…

Looks like a flipping beer coaster. Hate it. Not a fan of the colours/shades either, zero vibrancy.

Couldn’t they have come up with something more akin to this (130th anniversary of the foundation of the Football League) which is, frankly, miles better? Though I’m not completely sure what this new design is actually for and how/where it will be featured. Some proper communication or explanation would have been welcome as heck…

spacer.png

Regardless, it’s completely shoddy work and a bit embarrassing… I hope we have much better quality to look forward to…

• Like 2

It's very American. 

It's using a decent colour palette. 

It is steadily kind of growing on me, but I feel like it's in a way that you get nose blind to a bad smell.

I'm hoping the colour scheme is a guide to what we're going to see on the new badge, but beyond that I don't see myself going out my way to buy anything with just this marque on it. 

Edited by MrBlack

Wonder if the colour scheme is a hint of the direction forward, if so I'm on board.

MORE Claret and gold... With the blue as accents etc.

I don't think people realise how limiting our current structure can be from a design standpoint, especially with kits imo.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Risso said:

The design is atrocious. The 'AV' looks like 'AU' and the 150 looks like a cock and balls. It's a bizarre mish mash of old and new, and looks like something Randy Lerner would have come up with on MS Paint. Dire.

Truly horrible. I want to know how they came up with it. Between the redevelopment kibosh and this stupid anniversary logo, Heck is off to a wobbly start. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Don’t blame us for this one. 

Well, seeing as Heck is American...

Anyhoo, the design style itself looks like someone's idea of ornate and traditional, but it's just an astonishing failure in every single aspect of what "football club badge" design should be achieving, even for a one-off anniversary badge. 

Unless this is not supposed to be a badge on the shirt?

But even if it's not going on the shirt, it's a total car crash.

• Like 1

It's not the badge. It is abysmal. It's worrying that the badge could look anything like that or that this marque or something remotely similar would be used anywhere for any reason to apparently represent Aston Villa.

I hope to McGrath that someone reads these forums. There's a social media person isn't there? If not then they're not doing their job properly.

10 hours ago, ender4 said:

Fantastic design. 

1) I can read what it says

2) I know what club it relates to

3) I can see what it’s about.

We should have literally copied this in Villa colours.

We tried that last year with Chelsea's badge.  Copying another team's badge and changing the colours isn't great. 😉

Â