Villa's 150th anniversary logo

ender4

If the colour scheme is a sign of things to come with the badge then we can be pretty happy with that. 

Not sure why the final design of this marque would have both the club and the significant milestone so difficult to make out. 

The font is actually quite good at being a modern/heritage hybrid, but the layering of the letters and the stupid 150 as one splurge make it incomprehensible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

And who are these “many people” you’re referring to?

Fair comment. Many seems like hyperbole. "Several posters here" is probably better worded, but I'm not allowed to post on posters, so I can't list them for you!

52 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He first mistake was to think villa's fanbase wasn't mostly full dumbass. They are. Therefore they missed the point of this. He didn't clearly explain this isn't the badge. Therefore it goes out of control on social media.

Whether you think what it is, is shite or not is another matter.

You're probably right tbh

3 minutes ago, John said:

image.png.be8f1acc74b9e696c0f7f5e1b0fd5a9a.png Rangers did this. 

Fantastic design. 

1) I can read what it says

2) I know what club it relates to

3) I can see what it’s about.

We should have literally copied this in Villa colours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John said:

image.png.be8f1acc74b9e696c0f7f5e1b0fd5a9a.png Rangers did this. 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Fantastic design. 

1) I can read what it says

2) I know what club it relates to

3) I can see what it’s about.

We should have literally copied this in Villa colours.

our official 150th anniversary badge will be better than that. The one Heck posted is just a teaser imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Do you think this design, whatever it is, screams “youth appeal”? 

Honestly I do think it has more appeal/stand out factor to younger people or those with only passing interest in Villa. It doesn’t look like the typical design we’d expect, that can be a good thing. The rangers 100 year design is a good contrast, while I don’t dislike it, it’s so standard and typical it looks as if it could be 100 years old itself.

These designs are done by professionals who not only are savvy in their craft they understand the importance of marketing. Growing the club and revenues will require bringing new supporters on board, I think club designs will keep that goal in mind and it may result in some growing pains & some small amount of displeasure for fans of the classic design/imagery.

5 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Honestly I do think it has more appeal/stand out factor to younger people or those with only passing interest in Villa.

Those with only a passing interest in Villa can have fun trying to figure out what it's meant to say and why.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Honestly I do think it has more appeal/stand out factor to younger people or those with only passing interest in Villa. It doesn’t look like the typical design we’d expect, that can be a good thing. The rangers 100 year design is a good contrast, while I don’t dislike it, it’s so standard and typical it looks as if it could be 100 years old itself.

These designs are done by professionals who not only are savvy in their craft they understand the importance of marketing. Growing the club and revenues will require bringing new supporters on board, I think club designs will keep that goal in mind and it may result in some growing pains & some small amount of displeasure for fans of the classic design/imagery.

That is the thing. It is a new and fresh take. People hated the roper kit initially then the people loved it. I think this mark will grow on people.

• Like 1

I've said this before but it makes me laugh how shit some of these things turn out.

That 150 thing is just...trash. The original blue badge we could have ended up with about 15 years now. Hilariously bad.

How?! These come from designers. Do they not take a step back at the end ah go...ah we've cocked up here.

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I've said this before but it makes me laugh how shit some of these things turn out.

That 150 thing is just...trash. The original blue badge we could have ended up with about 15 years now. Hilariously bad.

How?! These come from designers. Do they not take a step back at the end ah go...ah we've cocked up here.

No they set up a focus group, ask a bunch of fans what they want, then unilaterally come up with a design that no one asked for or wanted. 

Â