Villa's 150th anniversary logo

ender4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

As crap as I think this logo is, I'm surprised at how angry some people are about it.

It's not the badge.

Personally, it's a visible rpresentation of what a useless chancer Heck is.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As crap as I think this logo is, I'm surprised at how angry some people are about it.

It's not the badge.

The colours ( we play in claret and blue FFS) and the name (Aston Villa, a unique beautiful name) aren't even on this. It is pathetic.

Maybe we would be more forgiving if this joker hadn't come in on day one and binned the new circle crest (oh sorry, explained that it was a 41st anniversary crest for 1982).By doing that he set his own bar exceedingly high.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

Why DOES it look so shit then?

Let me try. Pick one or more

• It's not shit, that's just your opinion 
  • That's exactly how it should look
  • You just don't understand
  • Because you only see a part of it, wait until you see the whole thing it'll be great, promise
  • It's not made for your generation, younger generations love pixelated images
  • Do you work in design? No? Thought so
  • Other clubs don't use pixelated text and you don't want to copy other clubs, do you?
  • It's not even the real crest, relax
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not the badge.

It’s not just the Mark/Logo/Badge is it? 

1) In Aston Villa we have one of the most unique names in football but it’s been sidelined. They even struggle to include the word VILLA correctly.

2) Our colours are Claret & Blue, Not Claret & Gold with a bit of blue.

‘Who we are’ and tradition is important to many fans. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The colours ( we play in claret and blue FFS) and the name (Aston Villa, a unique beautiful name) aren't even on this. It is pathetic.

Maybe we would be more forgiving if this joker hadn't come in on day one and binned the new circle crest (oh sorry, explained that it was a 41st anniversary crest for 1982).By doing that he set his own bar exceedingly high.

The colours were on the one Heck posted on twitter.

And also it's not the badge or the crest!

Why are people judging this like it's the crest? It's shit, but it's not the club badge!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeMcKenna said:

It’s not just the Mark/Logo/Badge is it? 

1) In Aston Villa we have one of the most unique names in football but it’s been sidelined. They even struggle to include the word VILLA correctly.

2) Our colours are Claret & Blue, Not Claret & Gold with a bit of blue.

‘Who we are’ and tradition is important to many fans. 

See above

12 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

This pixellation of the word VILLA is deliberate. This is the graphic used at the top of the ‘AV10 Landing Page’. It is embarrassing.

IMG_3849.jpeg

As someone with OCD tendencies, the mish mash of fonts and styles and a lack of coherence is killing me.

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

You’re in the minority pal. I am sure a poll would find a significant majority hate the way they are **** about with our name/mark/logo.

But they're not. They've introduced a new "logo" to celebrate 150 years.

It is nothing to do with the CLUB's name or badge or mark or logo or whatever you want to call it

If it was then I'd be as angry as everyone else. But it isn't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maltesemike said:

As someone with OCD tendencies, the mish mash of fonts and styles and a lack of coherence is killing me.

I haven’t got OCD, I just think it’s shit, but I know what you mean. If any of my graphic designers submitted this, they would get short shrift.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The colours were on the one Heck posted on twitter.

And also it's not the badge or the crest!

Why are people judging this like it's the crest? It's shit, but it's not the club badge!

I can't see that anybody has said it is? It's the logo, the topic title makes it clear it's the logo, and we're giving our opinion on the logo. Is that OK?

Just now, Risso said:

I can't see that anybody has said it is? It's the logo, the topic title makes it clear it's the logo, and we're giving our opinion on the logo. Is that OK?

Absolutely ok.

My point was people are complaining that they're messing around with our colours and our name etc.

They're not. It's a one off logo. Our club colours and badge etc are completely separate.

Now they MIGHT **** around with them and I'll be as angry as anyone else. I just don't personally understand why people are so furious over something that's completely separate to that

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

You’re in the minority pal. I am sure a poll would find a significant majority hate the way they are **** about with our name/mark/logo.

They're not messing with our name or our logo pal. What's a mark? Did we have one before? If not, how are they **** around with it?

It's a simple piece of anniversary branding, it will appear in relatively few places and be gone again in under a year, I honestly think people have lost all perspective on this. But what's new on a Villa forum.

• Like 2

Can I make a comparison?

This is Birmingham City University's logo

BCU-logo-stacked_blue.png

For their 17th anniversary they released this to commemorate it

175-press-logo-131812174985609167.jpg?au

Lots of people didn't like it. It's a bit shit. 
But it's completely separate to the actual university's colours, logo, name etc. That wasn't changed, it was completely separate.
Nobody was upset about that outside of this specific logo. This logo was just used for activities commemorating the 175th anniversary

In my opinion that's exactly what this is. I understand people thinking this 150 logo is shit. I agree with them.
What I don't understand is the anger about it. It's just a shit logo. But it's not out badge or our name or our crest or our colours. It's separate

(again, they MIGHT **** that up too. And I'll be furious. But I'll wait until that happens before I start spitting feathers)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But they're not. They've introduced a new "logo" to celebrate 150 years.

It is nothing to do with the CLUB's name or badge or mark or logo or whatever you want to call it

If it was then I'd be as angry as everyone else. But it isn't. 

It all relates to the branding and in my opinion the various examples we’ve seen to date suggest we are run by Amateurs. For example, the email from Heck shows the graphic with a white lion facing left and no AVFC Crest. The Landing page, shows the old  Villa Crest. It may be graphical semantics at the moment but it is also potentially a sign of things to come.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Absolutely ok.

My point was people are complaining that they're messing around with our colours and our name etc.

They're not. It's a one off logo. Our club colours and badge etc are completely separate.

Now they MIGHT **** around with them and I'll be as angry as anyone else. I just don't personally understand why people are so furious over something that's completely separate to that

Because Heck’s first public branding is so poor from a technical design and from just a fan’s view, that it scares us what he’s going to come up with in regards to the badge, kit and then other aspects.  You’d think he’d want to get the first thing he does to his clients is accepted or at worst bland enough that nobody cares.  This fails on so many levels.

• Like 3

Â