Villa's 150th anniversary logo

ender4

Just now, nick76 said:

Because Heck’s first public branding is so poor from a technical design and from just a fan’s view, that it scares us what he’s going to come up with in regards to the badge, kit and then other aspects.  You’d think he’d want to get the first thing he does to his clients is accepted or at worst bland enough that nobody cares.  This fails on so many levels.

As the old saying goes, start as you mean to go on…!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jayEm said:

I'm no expert but I do know a bit about design, and I'm quietly confident that the full rebrand, when released, will be top quality. The problems are (a) the '150' graphic admittedly isn't quite as clear as it could be -- can't pretend otherwise -- and (b) they're introducing new design elements here and there, rather than the whole thing at once. It will all look much better as part of a single, cohesive brand.

But if they get people too offside with these continual poor snippets then it won’t matter how good the whole thing could be, people will have already have negative view…it’s really hard to change that.  It’s like when a player is signed and first loads of games are awful, many players never recover from that to be a success at a club in the fans eyes.

17 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Let’s be honest, no one would give a shit or would be discussing this if it had just been revealed today as part of the 150th year celebrations marketing. Heck tweeting this out of context was the problem as a lot of people have decided this is something more than it actually is. It’s a marketing tool.

Did everyone get this pent up when they revealed the logo below?  Does anyone even remember it now? Doubtful as it was  used on a few emails, posters and flyers. I am guessing this is the same. 

38C5E614-9B9A-49E3-AB9B-DF2CBD9FB8F1.jpeg

This is a much more concise way of saying what I was trying to say :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

So we will have this, plus  a new crest next season? 4 different logos/crests in 3 seasons, good going.

Since we have the current badge, the kit badge, the 150 marque, and the new badge will be revealed early next year, we'll actually have 4 logos/crests in one season.

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But if they get people too offside with these continual poor snippets then it won’t matter how good the whole thing could be, people will have already have negative view…it’s really hard to change that.  It’s like when a player is signed and first loads of games are awful, many players never recover from that to be a success at a club in the fans eyes.

I agree with you on that. Equally I don't know how many people are noticing or discussing this outside of VillaTalk and Twitter so I'm not sure it will be a big issue for them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Did everyone get this pent up when they revealed the logo below?  Does anyone even remember it now? Doubtful as it was  used on a few emails, posters and flyers. I am guessing this is the same. 

38C5E614-9B9A-49E3-AB9B-DF2CBD9FB8F1.jpeg

I’ve literally never see this before.

When did we win the European Cup?

Untitled.png.ffac8d665546c1e764c1d32c6a24df1c.png

So the VILLA aspect to the design is a sort of less brave take on the above, iconic TATE logo. To think that some people thought it some kind of error or oversight is actually quite traumatising to read. It's fine for the intention of what it is.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jayEm said:

I agree with you on that. Equally I don't know how many people are noticing or discussing this outside of VillaTalk and Twitter so I'm not sure it will be a big issue for them.

Would be pretty hard for people to discuss something that they can't decipher

4 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

How about this one instead?

AV150.gif.75ea7a69bb30138d0033545de1ed0790.gif

It's certainly an improvement

• Thanks 1

So where and how do we think this will be incorporated on the kit? (Because this is going to be on our shirts in some format).

Back of the neck as a small badge like we sometimes do with the lion?

As a sort of watermark on the front?

A sleeve patch?

What do you reckon?

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So where and how do we think this will be incorporated on the kit? (Because this is going to be on our shirts in some format).

Back of the neck as a small badge like we sometimes do with the lion?

As a sort of watermark on the front?

A sleeve patch?

What do you reckon?

I would prefer it to be as large as possible, both on the front and the back, thank you!

• Haha 1

Â