Villa's 150th anniversary logo

ender4

Just now, grantholtgolazo said:

Design is obviously not received well here but I'd note, cautiously, the demographic of people who post on internet message boards in 2023 (ie old men) may not exactly be top priority for the club's marketing team.

I've said on multiple occasions, that in a sense, it's selfish of " older " fans to forget that there is a whole new generation of Villa fans, present and future, who need to be catered to.

I feel I'm somewhere in between the lines.

Not yet quite Dinosaur or Gen Z. Lol

• Like 2

The 150 anniversary is mainly going to be a thing for the older generations thou even thou it's obviously something everyone should be proud of. Just like they don't mainly bring out the poppies for remembrance day to cater to the kids who play war on Call of Duty. 

5 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Design is obviously not received well here but I'd note, cautiously, the demographic of people who post on internet message boards in 2023 (ie old men) may not exactly be top priority for the club's marketing team.

Do you think this design, whatever it is, screams “youth appeal”? 

I don’t know, is Willy Wonka style font big with the kids at the moment? Are we pinning our hopes of selling a few coffee mugs next year based on the (admittedly dependable) appeal of Timothée Chalamet?

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don’t think this is the clubs new logo. Do you really think it would be unveiled in a vague tweet from the President of Business Operations?

It was also at the end of his avtv interview

21 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

But then why post on Twitter whose football content probably tailors to an older crowd than some of the other social media platforms that the likes of my nephews frequent if that is who they are targeting towards?  

and you think youngsters would find a basic templated design like that appealing given the content they are exposed to daily?

Interesting that in his interview he mentions this 150 mark "maybe" being on next season kits.

People will look at it, try and read it and ask what company is sponsoring us.

I love the colours, I like the idea, but the thing with this is that if you're not looking for it to say AV150 you're not going to be able to figure it out, and for me, one of the design keys for an Aston Villa 150 mark is that it should look like it says AV150.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

So after pouring tens of thousands of pounds into the club over 40 odd years my feelings are irrelevant because I don't post on X? 

Sounds exactly like the kind of thing a Gammon would say in reverse. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting that in his interview he mentions this 150 mark "maybe" being on next season kits.

People will look at it, try and read it and ask what company is sponsoring us.

I love the colours, I like the idea, but the thing with this is that if you're not looking for it to say AV150 you're not going to be able to figure it out, and for me, one of the design keys for an Aston Villa 150 mark is that it should look like it says AV150.

Hopefully inside so you can't see it. Or like large print hidden in the design on the back of shirt... I'd rather just have some fancy embroidery under next year's badge hinting at 150 years

If the club had big ideas about being a big club they'd be saying to castore or whoever else we have in that they want 2 ranges next season, they want a full bespoke 150 year range with this badge on and put our history on display

Imagine if we had say puma and they did a home kit, away kit, 3rd kit, training range and then on the side did a 150 range where they rerelased some of our retro stuff or did training tops jumpers and jackets based on old kits all with thir badge on 

Same way that man utd have a Chinese new year training kit or arsenal have a really good Adidas retro range, increase the number of product lines, maybe even make it limited edition and drive the price up, people will moan but it will sell

Â