Villa's 150th anniversary logo

ender4

21 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I think everyone saying it looks “American” are mostly think of Baseball. Most teams in MLB have a stylised monogram of their name that they use in their marketing; less so in other sports. Seems to be more traditional for Baseball. I think it can look classy if done right. The AV150 wouldn’t look out of place in this list:

266247C0-277E-4547-A8FD-3815FAED64C4.jpeg

Exactly, showed the 150 year anniversary logo to my graphic designer girlfriend the other day, and as well as being very unconplimentary of it as a design, first thing she said was it looks like a logo for an American baseball team 

16 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

First viewing the wild. Looks nice I think in this context. Meltdown over. 

1D4CB369-191C-45AA-A74C-852C7D561581.jpeg

What’s with the weird pixillated fuzziness around the bordered Villa? The whole thing doesn’t jive.. the text in white doesn’t fit the marque font either. Is it just me?

Edited by maltesemike
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

What’s with the weird pixillated fuzziness around the bordered Villa? The whole thing doesn’t jive.. the text in white doesn’t fit the marque font either. Is it just me?

Not just you, no. 3 different fonts in a single image and 3 different colours of letters. Professional...

Just now, Risso said:

Doesn't look any different at all. ie, still shit.

Yep, if anything it looks worse given the best thing about the first version we saw was the colours of the outline behind it

Strange decision this. Surely they showed it to people and realised you can't read it

Just praying that the only element of this that's anywhere near the actual crest is the colours

40 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

First viewing the wild. Looks nice I think in this context. Meltdown over. 

1D4CB369-191C-45AA-A74C-852C7D561581.jpeg

When this logo/mark or whatever was first shown, I thought is was a joke. It looks absolutely shite, confused and amateur. That our historic and unique name Aston Villa is not writ large is a disgrace. When did our colours become Claret and Gold?   Pixellating and only partly showing the word VILLA is yet more disrespect. It really pisses me off and is taking the shine off our success on the pitch.  Our new ‘President of Business Operations’ is a **** clown! 

I have just received the following email from Heck with the above graphic:

Hello Mike,

2024/25 will be our 150th Anniversary Season, and I feel privileged to have the opportunity to share this milestone with you. I am absolutely delighted that today we are starting the 150 Day Countdown to the final game of this season against Crystal Palace in May, after which we will switch into our year-long celebration. 

My team and I are putting together a plan to deliver an unforgettable 2024/25 season that does justice to your beloved club, its storied history and pays tribute to all fans, players and custodians of Aston Villa past and present.  

To build up the excitement, as part of the 150 Day Countdown we have planned several highlights between today and May 2024: 

- In January, we will announce our 2024/25 Honorary Anniversary Board, a cross-section of former players, managers, community, fan and club representatives, who will work together to prepare our plans for next year 

- In early 2024, we will reveal our new club crest built from the input of 16,000 Villa fans

- In the spring, we will share an update on our plans for our 2024/25 kit and merchandise 

- In May, we will formally kick off the anniversary at our end of season player awards dinner 

Hopefully you are as excited as I am for next year, and I can promise that 2024/25 will be packed full of anniversary events and opportunities to share in the celebration. In short, we will do everything we can to create something truly befitting of your great club and set the standard for similar anniversaries around the world.  

In the meantime, I’d love for you to share your memories of Aston Villa with us via our dedicated AV150 landing page. We’ll keep updating this as our plans develop, and we’ve also put together a timeline to remind us all of how the club has developed since our founding day back in November 1874.

Until then, UTV!

Chris Heck
President of Business Operations

Edited by MikeMcKenna
Typo

Â