Villa's 150th anniversary logo

ender4

Just like with the real badge I rather it said Aston Villa than just AV. Hard for them to argue that would be too busy considering this logo looks like the logo you see embroidered on a bathrobe at a 4 star hotel in the middle east or Asia depending on how you turn the logo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Just like with the real badge I rather it said Aston Villa than just AV. Hard for them to argue that would be too busy considering this logo looks like the logo you see embroidered on a bathrobe at a 4 star hotel in the middle east or Asia depending on how you turn the logo.

This is the fairest point I've heard in opposition to the design so far.

You're right, it should say Aston Villa. We've had enough of AV and AVFC the last 15 or so years, let's get our name back please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought the one thing they were absolutely set on with the next new badge was not a round one. 

Strange then to pick a round badge for this. Surely if you're against them, you're against them. 

• Like 1

Anyone seen one with any clues as to which design house have produced this?

Heck used a company called Mother when he was in Philadelphia, I guess it could be them. Our design head did some stuff with them in August and I think they're his go-to.

Seems to be a bit of misunderstanding going on here, this is a marque, it is not a logo or a badge, a marque is an icon used as part of a brand, it doesn't have to have letters let alone the full name.

This would likely be used as a detail on a shirt or other apparel, in places too small to accommodate the full logo, in places where maybe the shape of the full logo wouldn't work, and just generally used within the brand where needed.

• Like 2

Heck said in his interview that the new badge will be unveiled in a few weeks time. This isn't it.

I reckon this'll just end up on the shoulder of next season's kit or something.

Edited by wishywashy

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Seems to be a bit of misunderstanding going on here, this is a marque, it is not a logo or a badge, a marque is an icon used as part of a brand, it doesn't have to have letters let alone the full name.

This would likely be used as a detail on a shirt or other apparel, in places too small to accommodate the full logo, in places where maybe the shape of the full logo wouldn't work, and just generally used within the brand where needed.

This has been lost on probably 70-80% of the fanbase, so posting it without context on twitter was a bit daft of Heck, no?

Unless the theory about using this to gauge reaction to the colours (confirming positive bias by focusing people's rage at other elements like the lettering etc) is correct, in which case perhaps he's a genius.

🤔

Edited by est1874

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think people understand it's not a crest or a club badge.

What they don't understand is why more effort wasn't made for it to say AV150 instead of A500.

Who are 'people'? 

As judging by many of the reactions here, this isn't universally true. Many people initially (and hilariously) seemed to think that this was a version, or element, of a club badge.

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Who are 'people'? 

As judging by many of the reactions here, this isn't universally true. Many people initially (and hilariously) seemed to think that this was a version, or element, of a club badge.

And who are these “many people” you’re referring to?

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Who are 'people'? 

Eh it’s not true though, is it?

The hilarious part was how bad it is, whatever it is supposed to be, and some were afraid the actual badge would be in a similar style. I know very few of us could actually recognize what it said with that late 90s font but those who did surely did not think the actual badge would include ‘150’, or 500, or whatever.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think people understand it's not a crest or a club badge.

What they don't understand is why more effort wasn't made for it to say AV150 instead of A500.

I agree, quite like the style but the execution could be better, it's always a difficult balance with that type of font style, but it should be a little more obvious what the letters should be.

I don't want to judge too much until I've seen the rest of the brand though, out of context a marque on its own can be misleading, not sure the thinking behind leading with it, first impressions are important.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, est1874 said:

This has been lost on probably 70-80% of the fanbase, so posting it without context on twitter was a bit daft of Heck, no?

Unless the theory about using this to gauge reaction to the colours (confirming positive bias by focusing people's rage at other elements like the lettering etc) is correct, in which case perhaps he's a genius.

🤔

He first mistake was to think villa's fanbase wasn't mostly full dumbass. They are. Therefore they missed the point of this. He didn't clearly explain this isn't the badge. Therefore it goes out of control on social media.

Whether you think what it is, is shite or not is another matter.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He first mistake was to think villa's fanbase wasn't mostly full dumbass. They are. Therefore they missed the point of this. He didn't clearly explain this isn't the badge. Therefore it goes out of control on social media.

Whether you think what it is, is shite or not is another matter.

Thats a little harsh on Villa fans, I think we've shown in the past how reasonable and grounded we are... I already know its a marketing tool for the anniversary not a badge of any kind. I just think it should be easily recognisable as that, and it isnt

Â