Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Wasn't terrible for first 40 mins but really lost it at the end of half. We did create a few chances but unfortunately they all fell to Moreno/Ramsey/Cash when we need them to be Olly or Diaby. Both Moreno and Ramsey are still clearly working their way back. 

Game still there for us, but need to up the ante quickly. Hopefully Bailey fit enough to come in for Cash at HT.

Blimey this thread is almost as bad as the commentator on Optus Sport who keeps talking about all the chances Brentford have created - forgetting that every single one of them was given offside and so doesn't count.  I sometimes wonder whether if someone caught the ball, ran the full length of the pitch with it tucked under their arm and then dropped it to have a shot that the keeper saves how long they would talk about it being a great save.  IT DOESN'T COUNT!!!!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate we really havent

We had one shot that tested their keep at the end. We have been pretty poor just like Bournemouth 

I’d say we were the better team in the same way Arsenal were against us last week. No excuses for not converting our chances and Moreno is our Zinchenko today.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

Ramsey needs to play to find some form, good run and shot at the end. Emery will tweak it at half time, had we been more clinical we'd be a bit annoyed at them getting a goal back. It'll be harder now as they'll try and defend this lead but we can still win this.

8 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

We really struggle against the low block. Lack creativity and speed of thought against the teams that set up that way. But we are also shit at reaching the dead ball follow ups. Need more life. 

They are not playing a low block. We have more possession and territory but they are not playing 10 behind the ball. They have created better chances than we have.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Missed the whole first half because I had surprise guests (actually friends, not lice or something).

Disappointed to see we're getting beat away from home again.

Without even watching it, I'd take a guess that the 352 thing is an issue because there's such a disparity between our left and right flanks. We've left Cash behind.

Happy to be corrected though!

image.gif.8c059330372760710762c8ec4c6b5d3e.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, smg said:

Moreno currently, the one everyone wanted back because he is brilliant until he is rusty and makes an error, then he’s shit like the rest of the team when we are losing.

I think you may have spotted the problem. 😀

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate we really havent

We had one shot that tested their keep at the end. We have been pretty poor just like Bournemouth 

Ramsey should've done far better with his attempt, possibly likewise Cash after he did the hard work of getting across his man.  Moreno also dallied when in a great position.

We've created plenty, really.