Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

One of the best halves of football I've seen all season...  Period.  Absolutely giving it to City and we're very unlucky to not be ahead.  Every one of our players is having a game.  McGinn looks like a man possessed right now. 

• Like 1

Work ethic like this has to be the blueprint not just when City come to town but every week especially away from home. Its a joy to watch us compete like this.

Emi has been in top top form these last few weeks. We deserve to be in front, little things like Ollie stepping on the ball when going through just not going for us. Bailey has been a threat all half, the midfield have been tenacious and are forcing mistake after mistake. The three points are there for us, great chance for us to make that statement win tonight.

UTFV

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It was out definitely 

Yep, the snapshot Amazon Prime showed it was clearly out.  Nothing to grumble about there. 

Edited by trekka

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Cracking first half - I don't even think Man City have been that poor.  They're playing the way they play, and we're stifling them.

Shame we haven't scored, but so much to be proud about.

I think that’s the best performance under Don Unai so far because of the opposition.

We’ve been incredibly. It really shows how brilliant a coach Unai is. We don’t press like this ever. We usually sit in and counter rather than winning the ball up high. What does see today? A shaky out of form Man City. What does he do? Press the hell out of them. 

probably only Watkins less than an 8 out of 10