Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Luton

limpid

Match Polls  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/10/23 at 23:59

Not sure what to add other than that I’m jazzed that we are putting games to bed after an hour. It’s got to be good to be able to drop into second gear for the final 30 minutes when games come thick and fast.  

As for the performance? We are just a lot better than Luton. On another day it could have been 6 or 7.  Zaniolo needs a goal, Dendonker isn’t anywhere near as good as Douglas Luiz and Diaby is class, but we knew all of this already. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Not sure what to add other than that I’m jazzed that we are putting games to bed after an hour. It’s got to be good to be able to drop into second gear for the final 30 minutes when games come thick and fast.  

As for the performance? We are just a lot better than Luton. On another day it could have been 6 or 7.  Zaniolo needs a goal, Dendonker isn’t anywhere near as good as Douglas Luiz and Diaby is class, but we knew all of this already. 

I don't remember us having to even get into second gear.  Just play the ball around until Luton couldn't help but try and put pressure on the ball, slip it past them, create a chance.  Rinse and repeat.

15 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Never in doubt. Should have won by more. Routine 3 points to keep is in the hunt. Got to win these types of games. Torres fantastic, but I gave motm to Digne who I thought was very good. 

Was between digne and torres for me too, I picked torres.

One of the easiest games I've ever seen at Villa Park, if not the easiest.

Just a complete stroll from all the players and they knew it. Watching Villa with absolutely no stress involved is a lovely experience :lol:.

• Like 2

The 3rd goal was poetic justice, given Luton didn't fancy coming at us.

It was like "Well, if you don't want us to score this way, we'll go ahead and score this way instead" before launching it forward. Brilliant.

• Like 1

Didn't really ever get into top gear, so you can forgive them being a bit slack last 10/15 mins at 3 up. 

That could have been a banana skin, the early goal set us up perfectly and from there it seemed like a routine win. Not entirely sure why Zaniolo has to start on the left id when Bailey comes on he plays on the right with McGinn left? Konsa and Torres looked very good, Doug and Kamara too. McGinn solid, Diaby very sharp today and Bailey was looking good apart from the bad first touch and miss when Diaby played him through. 

Players look very well drilled in Emery's system.

Completely dominant performance until the last 10 minutes when we gave away a daft goal. Unfortunately another game week without a clean sheet which is disappointing as Luton offered absolutely nothing going forward really and we should have seen it out for 3-0.

Shows how far we’ve come when that’s the reaction after a 3-1 win. 

Easy and should have been more really, but yeah the run continues. Feel like we could have upped the tempo a bit and really put them to the sword. Let them get in behind us a few times which was a lack of concentration against a very poor side.  Ollys flick for Zaniolo  was probably the highlight of the game for me, and again Olly should have scored but I think we’ll let him off 🙂

Went as expected,  Luton refused to press until they was 2 down. We're going to have to get used to teams doing this expecially at home.

Some great performances all round but for me McGinn was everywhere,  the way he takes the ball on a half turn creates acres of space for us. Diaby ran him close and Doug, Torres and Konsa (until the OG) all played well. Cash struggled a bit at times but their best player , the number 7, was out there so he had his work cut out.

Dendoncker needs to be more alert. He had more than enough time to play a ball but he wasn't ready when he received the ball and this led to him being robbed as he checked his options, once is an error, twice is idiotic.

Week off until Forest. UTV 

• Like 4