Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Luton

limpid

Match Polls  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/10/23 at 23:59

On 30/10/2023 at 08:13, DaveAV1 said:

We spent a lot of years going to games when it felt inevitable thst we’d loose, now people are finding it difficult to get up for games when it feels inevitable thst we’ll win easily! Funny world you all seem to live in. Perhaps Unai should be forced to appoint a really crap assistant to add balance to his obvious genius. Then don’t announce who has prepared the team match by match. Reading the match thread posters always seam to find things to moan about regardless of how we’re playing. I’m not sure if football is really the game for some of you. Sad situation if we are finally a club to envy from top to bottom and still people can’t be happy. Perhaps VT needs to invest in a sports psychologist? How to cope with the misery of certain victory? I’m sure we’ll find plenty of sympathy across the city. We can’t win with some people. Freud would have a field day. I survived the misery of the early 80s, this is just the late 70s so if you can’t cope now, I’ve got bad news for the near future support your team and enjoy the ride, if you can manage to?

I think we can all start by not down playing the opposition, when we win and seeing the best in them, not the worst.

Praising the opposition after a win is a tactic, that the best teams do, as it subsequently praises themselves.....Boxers are dead slick at it.

I didn't see the media say Villa had an off day after the Liverpool and Newcastle reversals...not likely.

It seems like its a bit of a hangover from the past, where the opposition, must be poor if we have beaten them.......I think this needs to stop, and we need to get up to speed, with how the big boys, view a win.

There is nothing wrong with Constructive criticism, and fan debate.....but we, and some podcasters have a habit of downgrading teams we have just beat....respect the opposition, and we are subsequently respecting ourselves.

There are no easy games in this league and all of them have factors that can cause us to slip up.....We need to respect our wins more, by talking up the opposition, after a win....not down.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think we can all start by not down playing the opposition, when we win and seeing the best in them, not the worst.

Praising the opposition after a win is a tactic, that the best teams do, as it subsequently praises themselves.....Boxers are dead slick at it.

I didn't see the media say Villa had an off day after the Liverpool and Newcastle reversals...not likely.

It seems like its a bit of a hangover from the past, where the opposition, must be poor if we have beaten them.......I think this needs to stop, and we need to get up to speed, with how the big boys, view a win.

There is nothing wrong with Constructive criticism, and fan debate.....but we, and some podcasters have a habit of downgrading teams we have just beat....respect the opposition, and we are subsequently respecting ourselves.

There are no easy games in this league and all of them have factors that can cause us to slip up.....We need to respect our wins more, by talking up the opposition, after a win....not down.

Absolutely right TRO. We can start by beating former European giants Nottingham Forest, followed by master tactician, Marcia Silva’s Fulham who recently plundered a point at Brighton with a masterful second half performance!

• Haha 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Absolutely right TRO. We can start by beating former European giants Nottingham Forest, followed by master tactician, Marcia Silva’s Fulham who recently plundered a point at Brighton with a masterful second half performance!

Both very difficult games against good sides with everything to play for. UTV = Unai’s Tremendous Villa!!

21 hours ago, TRO said:

All very true and enough to be hugely excited about.

But for the dreamers, who are never satisfied, and I include our manager in there......there is always room to improve, and clean sheets is one.

I would be staggered if he hasn't addressed that incident, with the squad this week, despite such a dominant performance....a " stitch in time, saves nine" springs to mind....Thats how the top teams have got there....eradicating weaknesses.

If Unai himself can address those things, with the squad without getting down beat, which I suspect is the case......so can we.

Yes TRO. Martinez also addresses this with his back line and also ensures to make sure we get a clean sheet in most, if not all, of the games we play.

It's great to have such a commanding goalkeeper with a winning mentality that he has.

...And that's before Unai also addresses the same situation.  :lol:

• Like 1

Â