Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/23 at 22:59

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

well we're out of 1 competition with a whimper, lost the first conf league game with a much rotated side, so i'm not holding out much hope that we're going to take the FA cup much more seriously either

We really should. The schedule will be much more favourable then albeit far more teams want to win that than league cup (at least in early rounds).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I agree. Plenty were saying we had enough quality, but I don't see that at all. 

We lost 2 key players in the first week and we sold 3 youngsters hardly replaced any of them. Like I said in reality we spend maximum 40 million no way near enough to push on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

We really should. The schedule will be much more favourable then albeit far more teams want to win that than league cup (at least in early rounds).

exactly. the bigger teams take the FA cup more seriously. it's a much tougher competition to win

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

pau has played LB so i'd have said he's our back up LB, so mcginn being there said experiment to me...also can't remember dendonker playing CB for us before (i know he did at wolves)

anyway i'm not desperate to justify my opinion, i'm standing by it. olsen in goal will always say "i don't give a shit about this competition" to me (not that he was the problem) but it's always a sign of a manager seeing it as very low priority

None of that means he didn't take it seriously though. Not taking it seriously would be doing stuff like starting Kellyman over Diaby (which personally I actually would've been fine with).

• Like 1

Some lessons learnt, a defence with Olsen, Cash and McGinn and big Donk in midfield is not suited to playing out from the back. Tielemans should be played in central midfield and not out of position. We need to be able to up the tempo and play with more urgency at times. Konsa and Luiz need to be rested more.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

Big mistakes tonight.

Both in players and roles.

Bailey on the right gets injured, zaniolo who plays on the right brought on.. to play on the left shifting players positions.

Mcginn at left back

Teilemens coming out for the 2nd half

Said it when I saw our line up that it was weak. Weak was clearly an understatement.

Play each game to win, that means picking your strongest available line up.

Having the odd player come in happens, putting olsen donker Tielemens and mcginn at left back and wanting us to play our style is never going to work out well.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Where's the pace gone? The few games I have seen us play with pace, quick passing, making runs, we have been almost unplayable. 

We are now slow and laboured, an certainly won't last long in the top half if we continue this way.

Mings, Moreno and Ramsey, there is your pace and the whole left hand side of your team out. 

• Like 2

Even more embarrassing than losing to a Warsaw last week

gutless performances from some , they should come to work tomorrow and give back their pay checks

Beaten by Dyche brand of football is never a good look even if you  have rested a few 

I think Dyche done a number on him, pressed high whilst being very tight at the back meaning there was nothing on, at best slowed us down to a snails pace at worst caused us to hang ourselves with defensive mistakes

Paired with a flat performance by the players, the only way to break their set up would have been far far better movement

Everton looked like they'd learned from us battering them

• Like 1

Went to the cinema to watch the creator instead, assumed I would come out to see us victorious but we’ve ended up losing, nightmare

god knows what the powers that be at VP thought by selling the north stand to the scousers, their fans probably gave the team a boost or advantage, we shot ourselves in the foot with that one.

what was the attendance tonight? 

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

?What was the attendance tonight?

25k I was told this afternoon. A couple of steps who are sesson ticket holder weren’t going as they said it was getting too expensive. Neither of them are skint, one is semi retired and working part time, his wife still has a good job, the other retired from a good job started building society and probably earns more retired than the average working bloke earns. He’s also got loads of savings which are well invested as you’d imagine from a bloke who’s worked at a building society all his life. Project Villa has hit a bump in the road and trying to sellout an extended stadium with corporate supporters is going to be tricky with no trophies in the cabinet this season or no CL to sell. Thanks Christian you’ve left us a right mess and cleared off once you realised it.  Hopefully Nass and Wes can dig us out of it perhaps the new appointments show that they’ve at least realised that mistakes have been made. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think Dyche done a number on him, pressed high whilst being very tight at the back meaning there was nothing on, at best slowed us down to a snails pace at worst caused us to hang ourselves with defensive mistakes

Paired with a flat performance by the players, the only way to break their set up would have been far far better movement

Everton looked like they'd learned from us battering them

I think in the first half we had too many passengers and second half when we had our better players on they looked really jaded. Hope he can freshen then up for Saturday or Brighton will spank us.

Â