Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/23 at 22:59

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I’m so sick of us wimpering out of the cups whilst playing a weakened team. It’s so infuriating.

I love Unai. He is class but his performance in the cups has been very poor so far. I want us to win something but we don’t even try. Absolutely not good enough.

This game just came at the wrong time. I think first 11 would've been stronger if say we were playing Brighton at 2pm on Sunday but Saturday lunchtime is just too quick a turnaround when we've just played 3 times in 8 days. Everton also getting players back now in final third so they're far more threatening than the August game.

Just looked and actually we have a week's gap from playing prem game on weekend of 30th December up to FA cup third round so there is no excuse not to play our strongest available 11 when that period comes around. Also a two week break coming up afterwards.

It wasn't a massively weakened line-up today. 

Captain started. Current first choice centre back pairing. First choice right back. 

Midfield should have been fine - plenty of international pedigree. Unfortunately both Dendoncker and Tielemans put in absolute stinking performances. 

Not that Unai couldn't have done more, but I don't put this on him. And he's still the best manager we've had in decades. 

4 minutes ago, YLN said:

Tielemans should have been taken off after 15 minutes. I'll be interested to see his passing stats on whoscored. 50% successful? 

Ok apparently 93% successful. 

But he was the worst player on the pitch with an abysmal 5.2

It was that bad I gave Olsen MOTM because he's the only player that tried to increase the tempo with his distribution. Not one outfield player deserves the accolade, if you can call it that tonight. Maybe Kamara for getting his first goal. Dreadful performance just like the excuses of players being jaded or needing to be rotated, 2 weeks after an international break and in September. It's laughable. Dendonker, McGinn, Tielemans were nothing short of disgraceful on the ball. I'd drop McGinn as well because he's is a shadow of the player that finished last season. 

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

I aint voting. We wouldn't have had 5 penalty takers anyway. I don't like energy drinks or cups. Let's concentrate on the leagues.

Shame to lose our home run to that load of shite. We can start a new one at the weekend 

It's a league run, the cup doesn't count. In my book anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I aint voting. We wouldn't have had 5 penalty takers anyway. I don't like energy drinks or cups. Let's concentrate on the leagues.

Shame to lose our home run to that load of shite. We can start a new one at the weekend 

Aston Villa have not won a trophy in 27 years. Which leagues are you targeting? Late pass to the Polish league, which has Legia Warsaw in it?

Leaving teilemens on for the first part of the 2nd half cost us any chance. That's on emery, very poor indeed.

Olsen was clearly told to speed things up from his almost stupidly slow crap play which constantly put us under pressure.

Cash was terrible today, trys to beat a man so does but instead of going on the inside takes it back on the outside repeatedly losing the ball.

Zaniolo needs to be on the right, on the left he hesitates and looks lost. And when he made runs he was never played the ball.

We made them look good , that's how bad we were.

Until teilemens came off we still had little to no shape and a lack of any energy and he looked disinterested unless he was given the ball, not conducive to the way we play.

Mcginn should have stayed on for teilemens start of 2nd half.

Another poor cup exit by playing out of form and out of condition players.

Hopefully emery will realise that having more than 1 of these on the pitch at the same time from the start won't work.

In summary we were shite for all but the last 8 minutes

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

It wasn't a massively weakened line-up today. 

Captain started. Current first choice centre back pairing. First choice right back. 

Midfield should have been fine - plenty of international pedigree. Unfortunately both Dendoncker and Tielemans put in absolute stinking performances. 

Not that Unai couldn't have done more, but I don't put this on him. And he's still the best manager we've had in decades. 

Yeah, I don't know where this idea has come from that he "threw" the game. Konsa, Torres, Cash, Luiz, McGinn and Diaby all started. Meanwhile Tielemans, Bailey and Duran regularly feature from the bench. When you factor in injuries/players returning from injury, it really wasn't *that* weakened.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Win on Saturday (easier said than done) and this will be a distant memory like Legia seemed after Chelsea.

But we ain't winning the league.

Winning a cup is our only realistic way of achieving something 

Very poor all round. 

I look at tonight and the Legia game and don't really know what Unai is trying to achieve or learn by making changes, especially at the back. 

Everton are crap. They didn't play great, they scored off 2 very poor errors from us then sat everyone behind the ball. Typical Dyche shit. 

I never want to see Dendoncker play for us again. He's up there with the worst players I've seen play for Villa. Every time he plays, he costs us a goal. 

Tielemans looks League 1 level and I'm glad we didn't spend money on him. 

We need better in January. If Emery is going to change the team every couple of games, we need players who are good enough to come in. 

That has pissed me off tonight. 

• Like 1

Â