Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/23 at 22:59

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Can't blame Emery. We have to rotate some players. 

Injuries and selling 3 promising young players have left strength in depth very weak.

You definitely can't blame him for players constantly giving the ball away. We basically giften them their goals as well. The first was a total lack of composure defence and and inabilty to make a simple clearance. The second was a tielemans brain fart. 

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I'd have kept McGinn on and moved him in midfield and hooked Tielemans.

Our injuries mean we're playing the second choice seconds I spose in some cases. Who've now lost the chance to play some games for us. Incredibly disjointed up until 60 minutes, then we'd given them a 2 goal start. 

Konsa was great, want to see Zaniolo in a more natural position for him but even played on the left he made some great runs that got ignored but even he lost the ball a few times. So did Doug, so many mistakes, Diaby's first touch went AWOL. Strange game.

Intrigued to see how Zaniolo as SS would do, with Diaby on the wing instead…

Just now, CVByrne said:

I think he only cares about the Premier League and still just focussing weekend to weekend. Everything else is a sideshow. He's treating it all that way for sure.

If that really were the case he wouldn't have started all of McGinn, Konsa, Torres, Luiz, Diaby and Cash.

Dyche is a good manager, he identified our weaknesses and exploited them.  It's no different when you press the tard at 5-a-side.  

We do not have a squad to compete on 4 fronts, possibly not even 1.  Also tielemans has a long way to go to command a starting position in our first team

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah, I don't know where this idea has come from that he "threw" the game. Konsa, Torres, Cash, Luiz, McGinn and Diaby all started. Meanwhile Tielemans, Bailey and Duran regularly feature from the bench. When you factor in injuries/players returning from injury, it really wasn't *that* weakened.

Yup, let's be frank: "threw the game" is absolute steaming bollocks.  A truly ridiculous and idiotic suggestion.

• Like 1

Play like that at home next week in our first home game in Europe and we will lose, then what was the point in qualifying for Europe?

I don't mind losing games as long as we look like we want to win, but sometimes we look like we can't be bothered and just going through the motions.

Beginning to wish I had not bought my special deal of three home Europe games at VP....sigh

Â