Ratings & Reactions: LC3: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/23 at 22:59

5 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Play like that at home next week in our first home game in Europe and we will lose, then what was the point in qualifying for Europe?

I don't mind losing games as long as we look like we want to win, but sometimes we look like we can't be bothered and just going through the motions.

Beginning to wish I had not bought my special deal of three home Europe games at VP....sigh

Wanna swap for my ticket to Athens. 😂

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

well we're out of 1 competition with a whimper, lost the first conf league game with a much rotated side, so i'm not holding out much hope that we're going to take the FA cup much more seriously either

Yes but those results haven't been due to the manager not taking them seriously - they've been mainly down individual errors and poor performances. Of course you could argue tactics play a part in that too but these are not clearly not games that have been tactically sacrificed in order to help the league campaign.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Who said anything about winning the league? We might qualify for the Europa through the league.

We qualify for the europa, we have more money, we attract better players, we then have a better squad which then give us a better chance of winning a cup.

I won't turn my nose up at it, but I know what I'd prefer. Nobody has an open top bus parade because they finish in the league qualifying positions for Europe. 28 years and won **** all, "but we finished 7th" :( 

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

A friendly reminder that on top of battling it out every 3 days with the likes of Olsen, Chambers, and Tielemans we’re still missing 4 of our starting 11 from last year. We’ll be fine.

I don't think anyone is disputing that. A trophy would be nice though. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

I won't turn my nose up at it, but I know what I'd prefer. Nobody has an open top bus parade because they finish in the league qualifying positions for Europe. 28 years and won **** all, "but we finished 7th" :( 

I get that, I do. 

Ultimately I think currently there is probably more chance of us finishing 6th than there is of us winning the FA cup. We have more of a chance with the conference league.

We get better in the league, better cup runs (**** it, cup wins) are more likely to follow.

We didn't sign enough quality for me in the off-season Diaby and Pau and Zaniolo thats it. Our squad was already pencil thin and add the injuries didn't make sense. We spent 30 to 35 million if you minus the outgoings that aren't enough to push forward for champions league , every team around us has improved. Was never convinced that those 3 signings were enough.

We won our last 2 Premier League games , but none have been impressive bit misleading lucky it was for Martinez at Chelsea.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We are really missing the quartet of Ty JJ Emi and Moreno at the moment. Good characters who also play with gusto. Pace skill leadership and strength. 

And all play on the left hand side. We're missing the zip in our play on that side. It's so pedestrian right now. Torres is trying to keep it afloat, but there's only so much he can do.

Just now, ozvilla28 said:

We didn't sign enough quality for me in the off-season Diaby and Pau and Zaniolo thats it. Our squad was already pencil thin and add the injuries didn't make sense. We spent 30 to 35 million if you minus the outgoings that aren't enough to push forward for champions league , every team around us has improved. Was never convinced that those 3 signings were enough.

We won our last 2 Premier League games , but none have been impressive bit misleading lucky it was for Martinez at Chelsea.

I agree. Plenty were saying we had enough quality, but I don't see that at all. 

• Like 1

Said it in the rating thread but I just don't think we can't play at a slower tempo because we become too error prone. We play great quick football but this idea we have to continually slow the game down is the main reason hesitancy creeps into our game and then errors soon follow. You can almost sense the error occurring and the eventual punishment. 

When we are good we are very good, but when we are bad..... it's like watching a football comedy. 

• Like 1

Â