Match Thread: Legia Warszawa v Villa

limpid

Just now, Jas10 said:

Defence lost

midfield poor

Just not the right lineup and players so “off it”.

No control in midfield, pull McGinn back and get either Zaniolo or Bailey supporting Duran instead.

Or, you know, make some subs…

agree apart from the bold bit

you could argue thats part of what this competition is for...tielemans needs to get up to speed, would rather it was tonight than sunday

• Like 2

A bit disappointing but some players unfamiliar to our team…

should have been fired up, motivated, disciplined, focussed and organised…

but we got the goals

Need a much better showing in 2nd half and 

A CHANGE OF SHIRTS!!!

Fun stuff so far, think it's notable how unathletic this team is at the back and in midfield, which makes them much easier to get at in situations like the second goal where they're getting nowhere near the loose ball and Legia have gone from back to front in a matter of seconds.

Kamara has been worryingly off form so far this season. Been poor so far here.

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Jesus I'd have been happy with 0-0..

I thought Duran had his shirt pulled just before he shot that last one.

Here's hoping for another Villa goal and a calmer half

Would have gotten it if he made a big deal about it. Bit naive

Both teams poor defensively but great going forward so 2-2 is about right so far.

However, I’d like to see Villa hold onto the ball more particularly the two in front of the defence. Tielemans & Kamara have given Villa’s defence no protection at all.

Well, at least it hasn't been boring!

When I saw the team sheet I thought it was dangerous to have 2 new players in Lenglet & Chambers into a back four for an away tie in Europe. And inevitably we've looked very shaky at the back.

Boubs has also been in poor form this season IMO.

On a positive note, Duran and Zaniolo look great. 

I understand Unai wanted to control games with lots of possession and build up, but some teams are susceptible to a ball over the top and against pace. That's where our 2nd goal came from. Maybe we look a little precious at times?

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Fun stuff so far, think it's notable how unathletic this team is at the back and in midfield, which makes them much easier to get at in situations like the second goal where they're getting nowhere near the loose ball and Legia have gone from back to front in a matter of seconds.

Kamara has been worryingly off form so far this season. Been poor so far here.

Somethin isn't right with Kamara. Maybe feeling threatened for his place by Tielemans and not reacting well to it? 

Not sure what it is but he's not the same player as last season, thus far.