January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

This has been a fantastic window.

Signed 4 highly rated young players in positions that we’ve been saying for a while that we need, particularly with Gauci and Nedeljković.

Really looking forward to seeing how Rogers does in the 2nd half of the season.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Feeney & O'Reilly?

Pity Bogarde isnt going there also, they are allowed to loan 3 players form us.

League 1 to Spanish 3rd tier would be a step down for Bogarde development

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

What's the chance of a rabbit popping up out of a hat in the late hours?

article-2271583-17472E9E000005DC-377_634

You can't rule anything out...

Are the lights still on at BMH?

Edited by AshVilla
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Transfer Deadline day being so dead  that Sky Sports premier league channel has had to resort to some form of  darts match between the presenters

serves them right for stopping fans waving inflatable dildos live on screen 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Did we sell Chambers?

yeah, we sold him on the idea of sitting on our subs bench while packing 50k p/w for the pleasure.

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Surprisingly good window, very pleased, we are in good hands.

However, I fear Rogers is lined up ahead of the possible departure of Ramsey before end of June. Let’s hope not.

i dunno, tbh Rogers seems more of a replacement for Zaniolo if he leaves in the summer, watching Rogers highlights, always reminds me of the style of player we thought we were getting in Zaniolo, including the physical size etc.

Rogers seems capable wide, no.10 or second striker, can see him doing more than just coveting Ramsey's position?, Rogers seems a little more versatile so could fit in multiple areas?

not saying you arent right tho.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

Surprisingly good window, very pleased, we are in good hands.

However, I fear Rogers is lined up ahead of the possible departure of Ramsey before end of June. Let’s hope not.

Or that Zaniolo is going back to Turkey the end of season 

• Like 1

I think every single purchase we’ve made this window has been made with a future sale in mind. I’m not convinced any of them will become first team regular starters but if their development is right should net us some profit in the future. 

Still looking forward to seeing Gauci and Rogers though.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think every single purchase we’ve made this window has been made with a future sale in mind. I’m not convinced any of them will become first team regular starters but if their development is right should net us some profit in the future. 

Still looking forward to seeing Gauci and Rogers though.

Hmmm, maybe.  I think the strategy is to buy these youngsters and hopefully one turns into a first team star but with the knowledge most will be profit generators.  Even then, like Grealish, they could then be sold.  So I kind of agree with you but not the clear cut clinical buy then sell.  They will develop in the aim of first team football because not only does that increase their resell value but cheaper developing a star than purchasing a star.  I also think Rogers has been brought to be a first teamer over the coming 18 months, from all reports they have real believe in his potential.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Hmmm, maybe.  I think the strategy is to buy these youngsters and hopefully one turns into a first team star but with the knowledge most will be profit generators.  Even then, like Grealish, they could then be sold.  So I kind of agree with you but not the clear cut clinical buy then sell.  They will develop in the aim of first team football because not only does that increase their resell value but cheaper developing a star than purchasing a star.  I also think Rogers has been brought to be a first teamer over the coming 18 months, from all reports they have real believe in his potential.

Yeah I think the hope is there they can make it but given the end of the table we want to continue competing at we would be extremely fortunate if they all made it to the level we need. I think they are sensible low risk signing tho and I like that.

• Like 1

Talking about our financial year cost changes for the final 5 months of our financial year in relation to PSR for the outgoings and incomings.

Traore going prob saved us about ~£2m in wages. We got £2.5m for Azaz. We got Dendonker loan fee and wages covered prob about ~£3.5m.

New Signings would cost us less than that. Rogers about ~£2m Ned £0.8m and no more than £1m for the others. 

• Like 2