January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

Just now, villa4europe said:

Traore flying back from AFCON for a medical? 

Can't see it happening, it's too late

Medicals can be done anywhere. We did Gauci’s whilst he was at the Asian Cup. 

Also, not all windows end today, Turkish one is open for a further week. So there’s hope!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herman22 said:

It surely make more financial sense to just buy West Brom at this stage. 

I would also rename them Vest Brummage Astion so we can fold them into the V Sports Group properly and give them the West Midlands Village badge from PES.

21 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Medicals can be done anywhere. We did Gauci’s whilst he was at the Asian Cup. 

Also, not all windows end today, Turkish one is open for a further week. So there’s hope!

Just a question… but why do we keep linking him with a move to Turkey? He can do better and didn’t have a great experience there last time did he? Plenty of clubs who he could do a good job for but… it’s the wages (and potential demands) that would be the sticking point… maybe a move back to France would suit…

Hopefully he’s put himself in the “shop window” at AFCON and earned some proper interest…

should have his pick of several options /clubs when his contract ends,  if he doesn’t move now… likely more financially appealing for him to wait and get a decent signing fee… or for his agent to arrange such a deal now but move on at that time…

Edited by Jas10

Sounds very unlikely and just random speculation… but I would love it. Would make us much stronger in midfield which is where I think we are “most short”… a refresh would be welcome there too…

So our team will be built upon West Brom youth, and Leverkusen senior players… nice!!  Nah but I think the plan this window was pretty clear. This was an opportunity to think about the youth players, who will be bled into the team over time. (Rogers sooner though obvs). I don’t think we should expect to sign any senior players 

Edited by Tayls