Marcos Acuña

wishywashy

59 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

dont think he is in any way a better than Digne to be honest. Can only assume Digne has expressed an interest in leaving for the saudis otherwise i see no real benefit unless wages for acuna will be lower (which, lets face it, is incredibly likely)

Incidently he does have a very Luke Shaw type build. reckon he'll be a right chunker a few years after retirement

It's likely to be half the transfer fee we get for Digne and 75% or less of the wages.   Makes a big difference for FFP.   The other player we need to do this with is little Phil as he is a FFP killer too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

It's likely to be half the transfer fee we get for Digne and 75% or less of the wages.   Makes a big difference for FFP.   The other player we need to do this with is little Phil as he is a FFP killer too. 

Huge success for us regarding FFP if we can get Digne and Coutinho off the books by end of August. With Digne I'd rather wait a few more weeks until Moreno is pretty much fit though.

Hopefully the saudi interest is Gerrard wanting him again.

I wouldn't be too concerned about his age. The days of quality players being over the hill at the top level in their early 30's are long gone. He'll be 32 in October. Kyle Walker is 33 and Trippier will be 33 in a few weeks, just two examples of full backs well into their 30's still at the top of their game in the Prem/champs league/internationals.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Can't say I fully understand this considering our issues elsewhere but it must indicate that for the most part we will play 3 CBs (Konsa RB) and the LB will do a lot of running up that wing, maybe he plays LM with Moreno sometimes.

He is almost 32 and while I don't mind that so much Moreno isn't exactly young either so I hope its not a high fee or long contract. 

Â