Marcos Acuña

wishywashy

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Can't say I fully understand this considering our issues elsewhere but it must indicate that for the most part we will play 3 CBs (Konsa RB) and the LB will do a lot of running up that wing, maybe he plays LM with Moreno sometimes.

He is almost 32 and while I don't mind that so much Moreno isn't exactly young either so I hope its not a high fee or long contract. 

It looks likely it lets us move Digne on, whose wages are insanely high (GDP of silicon valley etc etc). More about opening up finances than particularly strengthening.

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's also a lot more dynamic and versatile than Digne. He can play anywhere up the left side or in a CDM role if we need him too.

He's fairly "all action", too, which isn't something Digne could be accused of.

And in terms of his age - we had a 37-year-old right back last season who (for my money) was better than the one who played on Saturday. If we get a couple of years out of Moreno and Acuna, we will be replacing them in 2025. Most of our other signing will still be in their prime by then, so we can afford to spend properly at that point.

I think the finances make a lot of sense, but I also think he's a better fit for the system.

Whats Emery done in the past in defence. Does he go for experienced at the back and then introduce youngers players further up the pitch ?  I agree he will be perfect for us.  Gritty and strong with far more quality than maybe you would give him credit for at first  

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Whats Emery done in the past in defence. Does he go for experienced at the back and then introduce youngers players further up the pitch ?  I agree he will be perfect for us.  Gritty and strong with far more quality than maybe you would give him credit for at first  

Honestly, I don't know.

All I'm thinking is we can't be spending £30-40m on every position at the same time so getting a few older players for lower fees allows us to spread the expenditure over several windows.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

His nickname is Huevo (Egg) … that’s all I need to know, sign him up!! 

And it’s Egg with possession now… he passes it across the field to Meatball, who pings a driven pass to Moussa(ka) Diaby…

• Haha 1

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Really like his passing. Seems calm with it yet unpredictable 

As long as Digne leaves, I’m happy with it - especially if he’s Unai’s choice (not just Monchi’s). Hope the outlay is minimal on him too…

Otherwise… I don’t see the logic…

But points and arguments have already been made either way… he’s always looked like a “fighter” and could possibly be underestimated…

Nice for him and big Emi too…

Solid doesn't say enough about him. He was an absolute beast in the World Cup and took no prisoners, a mate of Emi's too (one that he talked to about our project perhaps?). Seems like a cross between Chopper Harris and Norman Hunter (for those old enough to remember them) to me. I pity any winger that tries to dance past him, one look from him should be all that's needed (see below). I just hope someone doesn't try to poach him off us, before the deal is actually done. 

image.jpeg.4198d2b5eaf37b7aaeb85b90a8e81f1f.jpeg image.jpeg.b4ffc494a40152bd9f7065cb5019483a.jpeg World Cup team of the tournament: Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappe, Antoine  Griezmann, Harry Maguire | Football News | Sky Sports Marcos Acuña » Club matches » Primera División :D

1 minute ago, John said:

Solid doesn't say enough about him. He was an absolute beast in the World Cup and took no prisoners, a mate of Emi's too (one that he talked to about our project perhaps?). Seems like a cross between Chopper Harris and Norman Hunter (for those old enough to remember them) to me. I pity any winger that tries to dance past him, one look from him should be all that's needed (see below). I just hope someone doesn't try to poach him off us, before the deal is actually done. 

image.jpeg.4198d2b5eaf37b7aaeb85b90a8e81f1f.jpeg image.jpeg.b4ffc494a40152bd9f7065cb5019483a.jpeg World Cup team of the tournament: Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappe, Antoine  Griezmann, Harry Maguire | Football News | Sky Sports Marcos Acuña » Club matches » Primera División :D

Monchi and Emi will already have sealed it for us.

• Like 1

Â