Marcos Acuña

wishywashy

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/08/15/aston-villa-verge-signing-nicolo-zaniolo-marcos-acuna/

Aston Villa on verge of signing World Cup winner Nicolo Zaniolo and Sevilla's Marcos Acuna

Aston Villa are closing in on Galatasaray’s attacking midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo and are working on a deal to sign Sevilla left-back Marcos Acuna.

Unai Emery is also keen to bring in Acuna, the Argentina international, as a replacement for Lucas Digne who has been the subject of interest from clubs in Saudi Arabia.

Acuna has been with Sevilla for nearly three years and Villa are exploring a deal to bring him to the Premier League.

Percy has spoken. Think that's more than enough to give it legs.

He can beat a man something Dinge can’t but he’s no Moreno but very aggressive and  works hard. It also gives us the option to start him and Moreno on the left similar to what Emery did at Villarreal occasionally .

dont think he is in any way a better than Digne to be honest. Can only assume Digne has expressed an interest in leaving for the saudis otherwise i see no real benefit unless wages for acuna will be lower (which, lets face it, is incredibly likely)

Incidently he does have a very Luke Shaw type build. reckon he'll be a right chunker a few years after retirement

• Like 2

On topic I’d be fine with this. Digne has been pretty average, we get Acuna in and he covers until Moreno gets back. Then he’s back up/ rotation option.

Surely lower wages than Digne and hopefully we get back what we paid for Digne from SA! 

In fairness, big clubs sign " older " players as squad fillers and experienced backup and no one bats an eyelid.

I think with us, we are mostly.scared about FFP.

I do trust Unai when it comes to a fullback though!

If he's more athletic, stronger and quicker than Digne I'm all for it.

Digne is very decent, but compared to Moreno, looks like he going in slow motion and is on big wages.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, big clubs sign " older " players as squad fillers and experienced backup and no one bats an eyelid.

I think with us, we are mostly.scared about FFP.

I do trust Unai when it comes to a fullback though!

If he's more athletic, stronger and quicker than Digne I'm all for it.

Digne is very decent, but compared to Moreno, looks like he going in slow motion and is on big wages.

Acuna wouldn't be on that much, probably would be on similar wages as Chambers if he came here.  And contract would probably be 2 years with an option of a third.

• Like 1

Â