Marcos Acuña

wishywashy

I'm all for Emery raiding former clubs for players he knows and that have won him Europa Leagues and/or national league titles before.

As mentioned, he'll have a good understanding with Carlos and the out balls and interplay will come to them more naturally.  May be a direct result of Mings injury and the fact Carlos is now likely to get serious game time. 

This guy looks a complete beast. A big yes to Acuña

• Thanks 1

Weirdly he's the player who i remember the most outside of Messi and Emi in that Argentina squad at the WC. Thought he was brilliant or at least very involved! 

I think he might be a bit unheralded as he isn't the prettiest penny.

Uh oh…

It is an amount of €5M plus €2M in variables, a price far removed from what Sevilla FC intends to obtain in this transfer market. In fact, some fans have described it as "ridiculous" on social networks. 

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

Weirdly he's the player who i remember the most outside of Messi and Emi in that Argentina squad at the WC. Thought he was brilliant or at least very involved! 

I think he might be a bit unheralded as he isn't the prettiest penny.

He struck me as a real fighter and grafter but… a bit cumbersome and technically lacking…

But, I’m sure he’s better than many of us may assume…

At the very least, he’s definitely more mobile than Digne and more capable and aggressive defensively…

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Uh oh…

It is an amount of €5M plus €2M in variables, a price far removed from what Sevilla FC intends to obtain in this transfer market. In fact, some fans have described it as "ridiculous" on social networks. 

At the age he is, I'd expect maybe €10m assuming he's still got a couple of years left on his contract?

I imagine we might stretch to 8+2, if 5+2 really is the opening offer. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Played 2 seasons next to Diego as well i guess ? So lots of understanding at the back .

Oooh… very interesting… clever.

I want to see Diego back to his best and next to Pau… can be an amazing CB partnership.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

At the age he is, I'd expect maybe €10m assuming he's still got a couple of years left on his contract?

That’d still be fine, sure but (for me at least) this is purely conditional on getting rid of Digne (decent fee, wages gone 🙏)…

Better suited player with more to offer and an existing relationship with at least a couple of our players…

According to transfermarkt, contract expires June 30 2025.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Uh oh…

This is Monchi at work. He is a negotiator. If he had offered 15 they would have wanted 20    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

Surprised we're replacing Digne with another player in their thirties, but if he can do a job and happy to rotate with Moreno I guess it doesn't matter too much

He fits the Emery system with a LB who can carry the ball forward dribbling and creating goal scoring chances. His wages will be a lot lower than Dignes and he is also versatile having played all positions on left side and played some games in central midfield. 

Ah so that's who Emi was begging to join us in the Argentine camp.

Any word if he's travelled for the Super cup match as I can remember Moreno not going with Betis when they were playing the Super cup in the Middle east and he joined us 24 hours later.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ah so that's who Emi was begging to join us in the Argentine camp.

Any word if he's travelled for the Super cup match as I can remember Moreno not going with Betis when they were playing the Super cup in the Middle east and he joined us 24 hours later.

Yep:

• Thanks 1

Â