Marcos Acuña

wishywashy

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe the kind of character we need and are lacking? 🤔 

We have lacked aggression and a "mess with us and I'll **** you up" attitude since probably Shaun Teale, Kevin Richardson and Earl Barrett.

If this guy has footballing ability and the look like he might kill somebody who messes with our players, get on it.

Edited by Don_Simon
Too much profanity, even for me.

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

We have lacked aggression and a "mess with us and I'll **** you up" attitude since probably Shaun Teale, Kevin Richardson and Earl Barrett.

If this guy has footballing ability and the look like he might kill somebody who **** with our players, get on it.

In fairness, Buendia seems to be like this in his head, but not in actual size or imposition. haha

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

This guy makes a ton of sense to sign. We badly need some bite and fight in the team and an experienced head will be very helpful to fill the void that Ash left. 

I also think he can play LB behind Moreno if we wanted. He is good in passing build up play and experienced and composed

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, Buendia seems to be like this in his head, but not in actual size or imposition. haha

Absolutely. I think it's an intangible benefit of his game.

Also, the Championship team that got us promoted had its nasty moments. Leeds away, that absolute bellend who attacked Jack. 

We're far too soft now without Tyrone, so Acuna is welcomed by me.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Digne will be starting v Everton then.

Probably next week before this move happens then if clubs are apart on the fee.

Torres will replace Digne and Carlos replace Mings. Zero in the know but bet your savings on it.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I also think he can play LB behind Moreno if we wanted. He is good in passing build up play and experienced and composed

Could do, yes. Could also fill in in the middle if needs be. 

Don't really see a downside here. Let's get it done and ship Digne off to Saudi. 

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

This guy makes a ton of sense to sign. We badly need some bite and fight in the team and an experienced head will be very helpful to fill the void that Ash left. 

Zaniolo and Acuña. Players not afraid to get into it. Need a mix of these guys into the team. 

Might not seem like much but even in Sunday league, you hated these kind of guys coming up against them. Knew every tackle was going to hurt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Absurd. We drop players for making a mistake is the stupidest thing we could do. Luiz, Kamara, Dendonker all directly cost us a goal last season from a mistake, Kamara twice in one game actually. 

Not to mention that one of the reasons Konsa was in that position was Cash's terrible positioning when Newcastle were breaking... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Torres will replace Digne and Carlos replace Mings. Zero in the know but bet your savings on it.

I keep seeing this. Has Torres played LB before? I know we did it in preseason but is he not a very highly rated cb? Why would we want to move him to lb? Why would he want to come here to do that?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Cash starts??!!!!😉

I'd drop Konsa after the error for third, important to send message if standards drop.

And perhaps drop Martinez for rushing out and Watkins & Cash for their misses. Give your head a wobble 🤪

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I keep seeing this. Has Torres played LB before? I know we did it in preseason but is he not a very highly rated cb? Why would we want to move him to lb? Why would he want to come here to do that?

Left back in Emery's system with three centre backs isn't the left back you and I are familiar with. It's not Staunton, Wright, Taylor or Digne. 

It's essentially the furthest left centre back allowing the right back, in this instance Cash, (but the decision to release Young becomes more baffling with each passing disaster), to play much further forward.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Cash starts??!!!!😉

I'd drop Konsa after the error for third, important to send message if standards drop.

No way does Konsa get dropped. 

I'd go as far as saying he's the glue that has to somehow stick all this together this season.

Dan Bardell keeps saying McGinn is the first name on the team sheet. I'd say Konsa is very close to that level of importance now. 

• Like 1

Â