Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/23 at 22:59

25 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

So much went wrong today that it just might turn out to be season-defining. All the excitement drawn out of me. We'll be bottom half. Hoping for good cup runs. 

If we finish bottom half Unai will be sacked. Sorry.

• Haha 1

Multiple factors have culminated in the loss, but the overall reason was Newcastle were much, much better than us.

Their pre-match talk was simply "don't let what happened at Villa Park happen again".

Huge concerns about Kings, that's the biggest problem for us.

Edited by lapal_fan

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Let’s just calm down for a minute.

It’s a terrible result against a marginally better side.

But if you’re Unai, what do you do?

Well for a start I think Diego Carlos looked a bit better than Torres so maybe he will have to partner Konsa. Cash needs upgrading, should have been done already and now is essential. The main task will be picking morale up off the floor.

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Multiple factors have culminated in the loss, but the overall reason was Newcastle were much, much better than us.

Their pre-match talk was simply "don't let what happened at Villa Park happen again".

Huge concerns about Kings, that's the biggest problem for us.

Speaking as a republican…

Edited by briny_ear

I think this will take him time to fix. Especially the defence without Mings for the season. 

Top 10 and a run in the ECL is still something we should be achieving with the the players we have left fit (for now). 

I think we all need to just reassess the season in a new light. The team have a long way to go to become a good side. 

29 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Howe cooked him today. No need to try and make excuses, it was a shocker from minute 1 to the end.

Big week ahead, he has to try and fix a Villa defence without Mings because if he can't then we have a real problem. 

Don’t think it was the case tbh. St James park is probably the worst stadium you could ask to go to for our first game of the season, and Newcastle are on a mad high and have quality everywhere. We were missing 3 key players from the start and lost Mings in the first half. I didn’t like Mcginn on the left, made no sense. Bailey was a terrible decision to start too.

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Just heard his pre match interview, the injury to Mings doesn’t look good from what unai said

Post match interview? Well he knows it's clearly an ACL, but it could be multiple ligaments and Mings facing a mountain of a road back 

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

How rude of you to talk to me lile that.

We have been preparing for a season with optimism and two players go down with ACL's in a few days. Am I not allowed to comment that this is unfortunate???

I have a doctorate by the way and don't appreciate your condescending tone. 

not sure if srs.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I think this will take him time to fix. Especially the defence without Mings for the season. 

Top 10 and a run in the ECL is still something we should be achieving with the the players we have left fit (for now). 

I think we all need to just reassess the season in a new light. The team have a long way to go to become a good side. 

Give me a conference league defeat, a domestic cup victory and a top ten finish and I'm happy. 

4 minutes ago, bose said:

Ah to be a Villa fan. We’ve never been as optimistic and then we get this thrown in our faces. Humiliating.

This is why we can't have nice things.