Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

All that dirty Saudi money starting to get the desired effect! If they aren’t killing journalists they are buying football clubs. 

It must be said. That is a big reality. There are no ifs or buts about that. It’s tempting to romanticise football, but much of it just does come down to who can afford the incredible players.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Can't watch any more, been a shambles, konsa been pretty wank today, cash pretty wank teilmans in the wrong position should be further forward mginn taken off when he's the only one who will fight, watkins doing an impression of the lazy invisible man.

Too many totally off form today and poor set up from the off and continued throughout the game by emery.

He will need to make some simple decisions such as dont start Bailey, push konsa to right side cash doesn't start.

Kamara doesn't start on today's piss poor show, given the ball away more times than his made a successful pass.

At least it can't get any worse.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

We battered them because we actually turned up. Today we didnt and did another Bournemouth bollocks performance. They turned up that day but we were just good

Today its been a complete shit show from us.

Yep, can't argue with that. Fairly confident next week will be different

Just now, macandally said:

Calm yourselves, it’s first game of season.  Nobody saw this coming and rather have the kick up the arse now than when it really counts 

This. We are still a good team. Injuries have been devastating though. Good thing the window is still open.

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Hope the players put the hands in the pockets and reimburse the fans that travelled to watch this shit 

So. Do. I as my lad went there 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's been okay, seems to have picked up scapegoat status.

For a moment at 3-1 I thought we looked the more likely scorers and if we'd got one I wouldn't have put a point out of the question - fourth goal was the killer.

We really are missing Mings leadership at the back, heads have dropped - that's the bigger concern for me.

Scapegoat status? He missed an open goal and he's the rb and all of their goals came from the right side of the pitch.