Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

There's no doubting he isn't playing well and doesn't seem to use his main strength of his pace and at times it feels like we are playing with 10 men.

However, we have to hope it is a lack of confidence/bedding in issue and Emery can get the best out of him.

Next season will be a huge season for him and hoping he can show us the form we've seen before and the reason why we signed him.

Poor. Again. Don't care how many goal contributions he's got, he doesn't affect our play in a positive way far too often.

• Like 1

I mean he's been poor overall in 2024, he's not been aggressive enough in dangerous positions looking for killer balls, taking his man or shooting, especially shooting. 

That being said it's his debut season in the prem and he's still scored 6 and got 7 assists and he's playing in an unfamiliar role. He may not have been at his best all year but he can definitely improve for next season too. 

• Like 1

I have exactly the same feelings as I did with Bailey last year.

Weak, lacks confidence, looks to have no acceleration, poor touches and passes. 

Next season I expect him to have sorted those. If not, he won't be around for long.

• Like 2

Outside of just calling him rubbish. He can't beat a man, provides terrible final balls/crosses and has awful decision making. Three attributes that you do NOT want from an attacking midfielder/winger.

His form isn't the issue, its his ability and weaknesses that more than concern me. The team that sold him are about to win the treble unbeaten. Not only have they not missed him, they've improved exponentially.

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

the transfer fee is what it is you shouldn't judge him by it, he cost £45m doesnt live up to it, rogers cost £10m kamara cost £0 moreno cost what he cost, it all means nothing about ability to kick a football

buendia and diaby weren't worth what we paid for them, ollie, emi and mings were worth double what we paid for them, such is football, stop looking at the £

The one problem with that in my opinion. is we don't have the revenue to have flops when we spend huge money . They have to work out. 40 mill plus 150k a week salary works out at i think 15.5 mill a year cost to us once you split over the 5 year term . About 7% of our total turnover spent on him if i have the maths right. If we tried to sell him now we would take a 20 mill loss and it would impact on our ability to spend far more than what it would for say Spurs or Manure. I get that we have got free transfers as well but they are on big salaries as well.  I have faith that he will get better though. Maybe the system needs tweaking on the right a little to help him use his pace more. 

7 hours ago, R.Bear said:

He can't beat a man, provides terrible final balls/crosses and has awful decision making.

You just described the Bailey of old. Let’s hope he can emulate the Bailey of old’s resurgence too, because right now it’s like playing with 10 men.

Definitely a confidence issue & the harder he is trying the worst he is getting, also not worried as we have all seen how good he is when he first arrived, we have also been here before with Bailey & look at him now, every confidence Emery get the best out of him next season & becomes the player we all want him to be 🙏

I'm not going to forget how good he was in the beginning of the season. That was something to hang your hat on. Every player new to this country deserves at least a season to get up to speed, provided they show some good spells here and there. It's not even about Bailey, this is just a general thing. Most players need time to adapt.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Poor. Again. Don't care how many goal contributions he's got, he doesn't affect our play in a positive way far too often.

He's literally the most threatening everytime he plays. He gets into great positions and is always a threat. The problem is he's so good at it and gets in there so often he doesn't make the most of them.

10 hours ago, M_Afro said:

We looked a much better team with him on the pitch. Replacing him with Duran absolutely ended us as an attacking force.

Duran had our only shot on target in the second half, until Ollie's header right at the end. At least Duran doesn't wuss out of 50:50 balls, and you get a bit of a shift out of him, even if he is a bit erratic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maltesemike said:

You just described the Bailey of old. Let’s hope he can emulate the Bailey of old’s resurgence too, because right now it’s like playing with 10 men.

Not really, Bailey could always beat players.

35 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's literally the most threatening everytime he plays. He gets into great positions and is always a threat. The problem is he's so good at it and gets in there so often he doesn't make the most of them.

Is often not making the most of situations threatening? No.

19 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Not really, Bailey could always beat players.

your memory of bailey is quite different to mine. i bet if you went back through the bailey thread in his 1st season you'd find very similar comments

"like playing with 10 men" i definitely recall featuring regularly

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Is often not making the most of situations threatening? No.

Well it is when he's constantly getting himself into positions to do so. 

People here have short memories.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Risso said:

Duran had our only shot on target in the second half, until Ollie's header right at the end. At least Duran doesn't wuss out of 50:50 balls, and you get a bit of a shift out of him, even if he is a bit erratic.

I like Duran but in the last two  games we have been more effective before he entered the pitch. If you are going to bring Duran on then Ollie has to come off.

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

your memory of bailey is quite different to mine. i bet if you went back through the bailey thread in his 1st season you'd find very similar comments

"like playing with 10 men" i definitely recall featuring regularly

His decision making was awful and he was generally poor, completely agree with that, but he could beat players.

Â