Pau Torres

Delphinho123

If he’s out I’m gutted, huge part of our defence. Either Cash-Konsa-Carlos-Digne or Konsa-Carlos-Lenglet-Digne I’m guessing.

So no Kamara for three games, Pau likely out, Traore out (not a regular but still useful for squad), Olsen out, and Buendia and Mings out long term. Tielemans maybe also out. That’s 7 players.

We really haven’t been lucky with injuries. Liverpool and Arsenal have had more luck with injuries than us by far.

27 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not sure we need to have 3 CBs at home to Sheff Utd.  If Pau only out for one game we can go Cash - Konsa - Carlos - Digne or Moreno

We are better in both sides of the ball without cash tbh. Plus 3 CBs is more of a threat from set pieces which we may need. 

7 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I can’t imagine Emery is impressed by this.

I actually watched the live stream and Emery was on there as well just sending a stream of heart emojis at all the updates and asking for fantasy football tips. Apparently at a club level Villa think Dougie looks so convincing as a tech bro/hipster hybrid media spokesman they are just having him do all the announcements from now on after the Chris Heck video got panned.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Not sure we need to have 3 CBs at home to Sheff Utd.  If Pau only out for one game we can go Cash - Konsa - Carlos - Digne or Moreno

I love Pau and he takes our game to a different level, but to be fair the question here is “which international defender do we bring in against a Championship-standard team who can’t buy a goal away from home?” - that’s not to sound arrogant, it’s to say either lineup should be able to get the job done... (touch wood…)

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't imagine Emery is happy with that being broadcast to the world. Mind you it could be a bluff! 

Emery said in today's pre-match conference that Pau isn't fit for tomorrow night's game. I don't think Unai is one to bluff/lie.

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Missed him tonight. He's just a class player who adds so much to this style of play. 

This is so true. Big Emi, Pau, Boubs, Doug and Ollie are our most important players. They’re all irreplaceable with our current squad. We were obviously missing two tonight and it really showed. Hopefully Pau will be back for Manure.

4 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Missed him tonight. He's just a class player who adds so much to this style of play. 

Bang on, he was a big miss as he’s creative and can pick a pass 

12 hours ago, Farlz said:

Bloody hell, he is vital. Lenglet was fine really but didn't fill me with even the slightest bit of confidence and composure like Torres does. 

Neither did Pau in his first few league games, to be fair.

• Like 2

Any idea what the actual plan was of lugging him up the M6 to not use him at any point tonight?

I thought he'd be on at 1-2? No. 2-2 certainly just as a calm head to try to get control. Nada.  Strange when he's only been out for a week or so.

Was the plan just to put him on if we were 2-0 up in last ten minutes, I'd have just left him at home as feels a complete waste given how the game just slipped from our grasp and we kept on getting caught with the ball.

We desperately needed control in key areas of the pitch and he's stepped up so well in that role after the dodgy first 5 games.

Emery quite often seems to put players in the squad even if they're not fully fit, I guess when you've got two keepers on the bench it means there's nobody else so he might as well come along for the shits and giggles.

Â