Pau Torres

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Callum said:

Any pics of him training today? 😢 

Not on their most recent instagram so far.

Neither was Zaniolo so maybe just not pictured yet.

2 hours ago, Callum said:

Any pics of him training today? 😢 

Wouldn't surprise me if Unai asks our media team not to share anything that could reveal whether Pau's training or not. Keep the opposition guessing - he makes a huge difference to how we play.

Edited by Tom13

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Unai asks our media team not to share anything that could reveal whether Pau's training or not. Keep the opposition guessing - he makes a huge difference to how we play.

I don't think Emery is that insecure to be honest. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Would that be classed as insecurity? Fair enough.

IMO. I don't see the advantage of it too. I think Premier League teams will prepare to play against our best team regardless.

16 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

IMO. I don't see the advantage of it too. I think Premier League teams will prepare to play against our best team regardless.

They likely would, but they might focus efforts elsewhere if they expect him to be missing. Similarly if we're not going to start him we might want to leak images of him training to make them focus on stopping Pau, wasted effort.

There's only a finite number of hours before our game so anything that keeps the opposition guessing at elements is a good thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If there's one thing that annoys me about Villa, it's injuries. Like, not even players getting injured, I get it, it happens, but just the whole mess around it. The Mings/Buendia injuries were bad, but we knew they were bad and we know they'll be out for f***** ages. They'll be back when they're ready to come back. It's the small injuries where you assume a player is out for a couple of weeks and they're out for 6 f***** months. In recent times, I swear it's happened to Moreno, Ramsey, Torres. All key players. I don't even blame the club. I'm not entitled to know who is injured and how long they're injured for, it's just frustrating as hell how it seems to play out. Every. single. time. 

You can blame Brentford and Wissa for Pau.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If there's one thing that annoys me about Villa, it's injuries. Like, not even players getting injured, I get it, it happens, but just the whole mess around it. The Mings/Buendia injuries were bad, but we knew they were bad and we know they'll be out for f***** ages. They'll be back when they're ready to come back. It's the small injuries where you assume a player is out for a couple of weeks and they're out for 6 f***** months. In recent times, I swear it's happened to Moreno, Ramsey, Torres. All key players. I don't even blame the club. I'm not entitled to know who is injured and how long they're injured for, it's just frustrating as hell how it seems to play out. Every. single. time. 

Happens with all clubs unfortunately. That's the nature of injuries - sometimes you just don't know.

Emery said "Pau is progressing well, he starting training with us & (was) ready to play, but he stopped again & now we are being careful..” so hopefully not too serious

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

You can blame Brentford and Wissa for Pau.

That Brentford game derailed us as losing Pau and Kamara has been huge. One win in 4 in the league since against generally weak teams.

Edited by turvontour

Â