Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Villa must be a good club to play for as a Centre Back. Many of our most revered players, cult heroes even have been CBs. Not sure you get that at somewhere like Man U. 

• Like 1

Genuinely a real statement signing, speaks to the pull of both the Premier League and Emery that Villa got this done because he's easily a Champions League quality player. The kind of player I wished we were able to sign when watching him down the seasons and now this just it the standard of player we're able to get in.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, I feel like there's too much certainty over what Emery will and won't do considering he was having to work with what he inherited last season with the squad being quite bare at times. The encouraging thing is you know that Tielemans and now Torres are absolutely players that he really wanted, so it's exciting to see how it'll all come together.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

great stuff.

we already have the ball retention capable midfield in Kamara, Tielemans and Luiz, Torres will be part of building a back line to do the same clearly.

Moreno fits that mould also, will be interesting to see what happens with the other central defender spot and right back.

seemed clear to me that Emery would want to make our backline and key midfield areas able to retain the ball, even under pressure, which i dont think on the whole, our defensive line can do right now (under pressure).

Have to say I'm surprised given how well our CBs performed last season, but equally by all accounts he's an excellent player at what seems like a good price.

I can't see Mings not starting (and it would be a mistake not to) so can only imagine we play with two left footed CBs. 

Â