Youri Tielemans

thejoker

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Rome or Birmingham what a tough choice

Europa League or Conference League

Fair point until it comes to making the decision between £150k a week or £75k a week. I'll take Birmingham over Rome thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Fair point until it comes to making the decision between £150k a week or £75k a week. I'll take Birmingham over Rome thanks

Seriously? If I had the opportunity to live and work in Rome for a period of time, obscene wages elsewhere wouldn't come into the equation, unless the destination / lifestyle was equal to Rome.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Exactly. People keep starting them off the back of crap information. Looks really desperate and a bit of a joke. I honestly think these should all be in ‘Other Football’ until someone is signed. Keep the main forum for actual players of Aston Villa. 

Again careful your going to get told off like I did for moaning about this. It's a joke.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That's not the point. Do you not think it's ridiculous 

No. The fact remains that no one can say with certainty that it is actually "crap information" hence it is speculation.

If you don't like it then stay away. Its going to be a longgggg summer.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Rome or Birmingham what a tough choice

Europa League or Conference League

Ever been to Rome? By all accounts you wouldn't want to live there and neither would Tielemans...

Like Birmingham he would live in the leafy countryside or greenbelt areas.

59 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m not saying Roma aren’t an attractive option, of course they are but you’ve oversimplified it. He’s married with kids by all accounts, if his family are settled in the Uk, kids in schools etc and they’re not that fussed by the massive upheaval of a move abroad away from anyone they know, then he might just not fancy it. A move to a major Champions League club could make the upheaval worthwhile but Roma? Maybe/maybe not.

He did over simplify it.

Rome allegedly are in a poor financial position with Mourinho potentially moving on hence their future is unknown.

Villa will pay more money and have a positive and exciting future under a great manager.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I don’t think it’s ridiculous depending on the source used to start the thread, if you were seeing threads popping up for links from unknown Portuguese news sites etc then that would be ridiculous. If we’re seeing reports from respected journos etc then I think a thread can be handier than amongst general transfer speculation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

The thread was started off the back of a report from The Athletic, which as much as people like piling on Gregg Evans is as legitimate a source as any these days. Don't really see the problem.

But why is there a Messi thread for crying out loud! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Not really. This report came from The Athletic so seems more than fair game to start a thread based upon that. Folk are acting like people were taking the random Leicester fan as gospel when that wasn't the basis for the thread nor did I see anyone genuinely take it seriously. It's just healthy discussion on a forum about a potential signing, it's not that big a deal.

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

But why is there a Messi thread for crying out loud! 

It's a joke thread, full of little winks and nods. No one's taking it seriously, in the same way the Rashica threads were just a series of bad fish puns. Some times it's nice to have a silly 'what if?' thread

38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

And never has the arrogance been so well placed 

It really, really isn’t.

Unless you honestly believe it’s every players’ dream to play in Riyadh. 

4 minutes ago, picicata said:

It's a joke thread, full of little winks and nods. No one's taking it seriously, in the same way the Rashica threads were just a series of bad fish puns. Some times it's nice to have a silly 'what if?' thread

But there’s about 35 joke threads for different players we aren’t going to sign….

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Hmmm, centre of rome is an incredible place to live. suburbs not so much. Then though around the edges are a **** of beautiful towns which within 2 hours drive in any direction give you access to some of the most amazing parts of the world. Volcanoes, lakes, mountains, islands, beaches, forests, ancient sites in all that natural amazingness and to top it off some of the finest food and wine to be had anywhere in the worls. The beer is good now too.

If he's making a football decision though, AVFC is a far better run club which is on the up.    Roma is going to go through some upheaval and it's not certain what way it'll go.

Don’t know about Tielemans but you’ve made me want to move there.

• Haha 2

All this talk about Champions League as the main attraction, maybe so....but what if the said club get knocked out early, and fail to qualify the next season....its kind of a heavy investment in one factor.

I think many factors are considered by these players and their advisers these days.

Seems that every player speculation thread involving a non-British player descends into a “why would he choose Birmingham over [insert name of European city]”? debate.

If that was the be all and end all we’d never sign anyone and might as well give up.

Players can choose to live in the sort of luxury most of us can only dream about whatever club they play for. And they have most of the rest of their lives after what is a short career to live in or experience whatever cultures or locations they desire.

There are so many factors that come in to play in a player’s decision as to where to move next and why, that there’s no point in over thinking or over analysing it. 

As a club, we’ve got to be an attractive proposition to any player right now, and whilst we have to be realistic, we shouldn’t put ourselves down. We’ve got as good a chance as anyone of securing Tielemans signing, if, as reported, we are interested in him. 

• Like 4

Â