Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Spurs will get something against either Arsenal or City, hard to call which one , but feel it will be the city game and then comically this may hand the title over to Arsenal 👍 their record against City is probably better than anyone else’s in the last few years. We need two wins before our last match as i would not prefer to be like nervous norris watching this unfold with minutes left 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Does this mean its more likely we play more of some of the european giants such as Real and Bayern ?

Not 100% sure but I’d imagine you get drawn with 2 teams from each pot (one home and one away). So I bet there will be 2 games against one of the big boys at least and probably more as some tend to find themselves in pot 2. 

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I admire your faith and belief, anything is possible, right! And imagine, Brother, that sweet satisfaction should that happen. So much so, that I would bathe in its residue, if that's ok with you. 😉

Indeed I mentioned this consistently last season when many thought Europe was unlikely; my opinion was Unai Emery wouldn't have been so negative.

And neither is he now, the mantra is to win every game and let's see what happens.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Indeed I mentioned this consistently last season when many thought Europe was unlikely; my opinion was Unai Emery wouldn't have been so negative.

And neither is he now, the mantra is to win every game and let's see what happens.

Here, Here!!

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Spurs will get something against either Arsenal or City, hard to call which one , but feel it will be the city game and then comically this may hand the title over to Arsenal 👍 their record against City is probably better than anyone else’s in the last few years. We need two wins before our last match as i would not prefer to be like nervous norris watching this unfold with minutes left 😂

Two draws hopefully 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

And lose to Burnley and Chelsea just to be consistent 

11 hours ago, RicRic said:

Why do you think that? Both Arsenal and City are fighting for the title and the most in form teams in the league. I think Spurs will lose both.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Tonight is absolutely massive, winning doesn't guarantee anything but putting 9 points between ourselves and Spuds with their run in would be monumental. Hopefully Villa can shake off the random terrible performance when it counts (a bit like Arsenal away).

Absolutely this 

Tonight is another huge game of course, but a tad less huge than it would've been had we not gotten 6 points from Arsenal and Bournemouth. A draw wouldn't be ideal but also not the end of the world.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Tonight is another huge game of course, but a tad less huge than it would've been had we not gotten 6 points from Arsenal and Bournemouth. A draw wouldn't be ideal but also not the end of the world.

We can afford a slip up. but a win would be huge. 

4 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Tonight is absolutely massive, winning doesn't guarantee anything but putting 9 points between ourselves and Spuds with their run in would be monumental. Hopefully Villa can shake off the random terrible performance when it counts (a bit like Arsenal away).

It feels like that sort of pivotal game - but they all do.
Spurs lose to Newcastle, so we beat Arsenal.

If we win tonight, the pressure is really on Spurs to win. If we lose, a draw becomes a decent result for them tomorrow. 

There’s a world where West Ham beat Plop we win against Chelsea then beat Liverpool and we’d only be 2 points behind them with two games to go… 

Just now, thabucks said:

There’s a world where West Ham beat Plop we win against Chelsea then beat Liverpool and we’d only be 2 points behind them with two games to go… 

I want Liverpool to beat West Ham, we need them still in the title race when they play Spurs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Win would be tremendous but a draw would also be decent. 

7 PTS with 3 games in hand still puts pressure on spurs 

Â