Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

We just need more points than spurs every weekend... 

The result is only positive or negative in the context of they do vs arsenal tomorrow 

If they get more points from Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool than we do from tonight and Brighton then fair play to them 

• Like 1

Choked so many points.

2 - 0 up against Brentford and Chelsea.

Tielemans likely out for season and Luiz form has been shite.

We really needed 3 pts today.

Edited by AshVilla

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Choked so many points.

2 - 0 up against Brentford and Chelsea.

Tielemans likely out for season and Luiz form has been shite.

We really needed 3 pts today.

I dont know if this is even true after tonight... Best team in the League for dropped points from winning postions... 

The crazy thing does seem to be that all 3 games we've done it were from 2-0 though but still it's only happened in 3 games 

Choked so many points - 7 of them to be exact 

Edited by villa4europe

Would have been okay with a point beforehand, we had three brilliant wins previously in quick succession and not easy to keep that up, plus there was always going to be a reaction from Chelsea after what happened to them against Arsenal, I think they've only lost one in ten, so they've been good at grinding out results. We're seven points ahead of Spurs, so they've still got to win all three games in hand to go above us, if Arsenal can beat them tomorrow then today's point will be looking even better

• Like 1

Just now, kingysilvers said:

Helping Chelsea get their heads back before they play Spurs.

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg

That Chelsea team at the end had a lot of things, but not their heads.

Madueke makes Duran's actions look choirboy-esque.

Our lack of midfield concerns me.

We play Brighton in the middle of two european games.

Luiz has been dogshit and Tim isn't good enough.

We have to beat either Brighton or Crystal Palace away to get Europe now imo.

Liverpool will just do what Chelsea did to us tonight and grind us out i can't see us winning that one.

Edited by AshVilla

Just now, villa4europe said:

Just hope no one mentions spurs losing 4-1 to this lot at home 😬

There is one team that has largely consistent results at the end of the season and it only took 115 Charges to build that squad.

Past that, everyone is somewhat tired, everyone feels pressure one way or the other, and everyone has to deal with it.

I'll say this: other than Martinez, anyone who could likely leave this squad in the summer and says anything about a desire to play CL football is going to ride someone else's coattails to get it.

• Like 1

On 20/04/2024 at 09:58, thejoker said:

4 points from the next two games will be great, regardless of which way around they come. 

Some perspective required, even if we did our best to throw it away today. 4 points from 2 tough home games is a good return. 

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

7pts from the last 3 games is more than most people would have predicted at the start off this run. Its a decent return so I'm still feeling positive.

Only issue is I earmarked us hopefully winning our Home Games at minimum, even if we lost the others.

Either way, you are right it's still a decent return.

Need at least one more win and a draw now.