Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Just now, Pinebro said:

You just know Chelsea isn't gonna turn up against Spurs 

Have a look at their general record v Spurs. It really really annoys me baseless and reactionary posts on here against actual facts.

Their second half level will comfortably get a draw v Spurs and it will probably win them the game.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Have a look at their general record v Spurs. It really really annoys me baseless and reactionary posts on here against actual facts.

Their second half level will comfortably get a draw v Spurs and it will probably win them the game.

I just think some people would be happier if Spurs went on a winning streak. They rate these clubs more than us which is baffling. Some of the comments I’ve read from others is utterly pathetic. I think people really either hate supporting us or are just trolls. I appreciate you taking time to correct some of the nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We threw away 2 points today in pathetic fashion but on the bright side, 7 points from Arsenal away, Bournemouth at home and Chelsea at home is a very good return and better than most thought we could realistically get. That Arsenal result is looking huge as things stand.

Id say we were actually that bad tonight that we didn't throw 2 points away in pathetic fashion we were actually blagging the 3 points in the first place

We had no right getting anything tonight we were that poor

But the week is massive, a pould be enough 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

100%

Spurs record vs Chelsea is us vs utd esque, Chelseas recent home form is also something like 7 wins in 8 with the other game being a draw 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dont know if this is even true after tonight... Best team in the League for dropped points from winning postions... 

The crazy thing does seem to be that all 3 games we've done it were from 2-0 though but still it's only happened in 3 games 

Choked so many points - 7 of them to be exact 

We seem to be far weaker defending a 2-0 lead than 1-0 really. 1-0s v Arsenal and Man. City weren't this chaotic. Even in this fantastic season we still haven't won three games we were 2-0 up in so interested where we compared to other prem teams in that regard.

I get the feeling Emery is telling them at half time when 2-0 up to relax, ease off and just pace ourselves through first 25 minutes of second half but the problem there is we just hand initiative to opposition and eventually they'll score and then we go into panic station mode and make basis errors.

Shit performance but a point in that game on paper was absolutely fine. 

1 win from our last 3 and we’re (probably) there

• Like 2

We've got one of our biggest games in recent history coming up in the week, our first European Semi-Final since 1982, I'm surprised it's being talked about so little

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Liverpool will just do what Chelsea did to us tonight and grind us out i can't see us winning that one.

I wouldn't be so sure. Their manager is leaving and they have nothing to play for. Looking at their last few results Liverpool are struggling and it's hardly a full gone conclusion that they beat us.

Just now, villa4europe said:

100%

Spurs record vs Chelsea is us vs utd esque, Chelseas recent home form is also something like 7 wins in 8 with the other game being a draw 

Udogie will be a huge miss for Spurs. Madueke was really on it second half and gave Digne his toughest game in 2024 probably so that's the sort of half he needs to kick on now and start producing consistent runs of form. Palmer will still be out there so I think this Chelsea scores 2-3 v Spurs given their high line.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only issue is I earmarked us hopefully winning our Home Games at minimum, even if we lost the others.

Either way, you are right it's still a decent return.

Need at least one more win and a draw now.

The best teams to play towards the end of the season are those in mid table whose seasons are over. We have two of those teams coming up, so we don't necessarily have to win our home games.

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We've got one of our biggest games in recent history coming up in the week, our first European Semi-Final since 1982, I'm surprised it's being talked about so little

If we were 10th with nothing to play for it would be, reality is the PL is top trumps 

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Maybe try the pre match thread for that game? This thread is for champions league qualification.

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

Injuries and fatigue is really hammering us.

Doug has come back a shadow of himself.

The constant changes are causing issues.

Great to see a common sense post.

Sick to death of online villa communities bemoaning our lack of midfield, our inability to make subs and our somewhat more inconsistent demeanour in the second half of the season.

We have been absolutely hammered with injuries - two more tonight - FFS

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Literally everybody is talking about it mate 😂

I've calmed down a little bit now. If spurs lose tomorrow then Its plus 1 to us in this little head to head of 4 games if we assume they'll get 6 points from Burnley and sheff u however Burnley are now fighting for their lives and getting a decent run together so that game could be very tough.