Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

As things stand we're guaranteed no lower than 5th. Leaves Utd 12 points behind with 4 to play and GD terrible. Just a shoot out now between us and spurs.

Not that I was ever worried 😂 

Edited by NorthEastVillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthEastVillan said:

As things stand we're guaranteed no lower than 5th. Leaves Utd 12 points behind with 4 to play and GD terrible. Just a shoot out now between us and spurs.

yep, 5th guaranteed bar a miracle of such proportions that it would probably cause the annihilation of the known universe.

...so then it wouldnt matter anyways.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 2

Barring a 21 goal swing we finish above Scumchester United for the first time since 89-90. Amazing Amazing  Amazing season. 

Although they’re still on for 4th blah blah blah 😂.

• Like 3

Top 5 all but confirmed. Shame English clubs failed us in Europe as today would be CL sealed — I’ll take our current position in lieu of that, though!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Top 5 all but confirmed. Shame English clubs failed us in Europe as today would be CL sealed — I’ll take our current position in lieu of that, though!

True. What might have been 😔 could have relaxed for the last 4 games. Ah least we've something to chase, makes for an exciting finish.

6 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Top 5 in league, in the semifinals of a European competition, a ton of injuries to starting XI.

That lap of honor is going to be something else.

Not sure they will be doing one as 8pm kick off

I should probably know this but it’s been so long, when have we last finished in the top 5?

I know I could Google it, but it’s also a nice point to share with you all as I ponder it. 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I should probably know this but it’s been so long, when have we last finished in the top 5?

I know I could Google it, but it’s also a nice point to share with you all as I ponder it. 

Under Little wasn't it? '96?

3 minutes ago, meregreen said:

If we win the conference, would that still make a fifth spot for England possible.

If all the German teams get knocked out losing all their games and villa win all 3 games then I think yes 

So in other words no

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Top 5 in league, in the semifinals of a European competition, a ton of injuries to starting XI.

That lap of honor is going to be something else.

When is the lap of honour?

7 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Not sure they will be doing one as 8pm kick off

That's such a mess isn't it if that's the case.

The grounds half empty at about 89th minute on night games so not much point.