Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We could just as easily lose, Spurs win, and then they are just 3 points behind with 2 games in hand.

Can't be overconfident or cocky I til the maths are concrete. We do this all the time then have a meltdown 😂

We'll be fine 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nobody said it wasn't possible. Of course it's possible.

It's also possible that we can win the league. But nobody is saying we are because people recognise it's highly improbable that that will happen.

Blindly believing something will happen when it almost certainly won't doesn't make you some sort of better fan. And people who recognise how unlikely the outcome is aren't defeatist. That's just bullshit better fan bollocks

You’ve made your point clear enough its bizarre how some are even arguing against you quite laughable

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

In fairness they can't just wait til the last two games and try to only be 3-6 points behind then hope we lose to Liverpool and possibly Palace too - they need to in touching distance before that. You can bet they'd rather have those two games first so they could get back on level terms. The scheduling has worked out well for us in this sense, however it ends.

The point is that they won’t in any way try to box clever - it’s going to be the same stale tactic that the league is now getting used to. 

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We could just as easily lose, Spurs win, and then they are just 3 points behind with 2 games in hand.

Can't be overconfident or cocky I til the maths are concrete. We do this all the time then have a meltdown 😂

I refuse to believe this can ever happen! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The point is that they won’t in any way try to box clever - it’s going to be the same stale tactic that the league is now getting used to. 

Their own fans say the same thing. They aren’t capable of playing any other way. We went very narrow without the ball in both games against Arsenal and it worked. They won’t do that. They’ll go toe to toe and leave a lot of space to be exploited.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Quite easily too, far from impossible and thats why i am overly cautious and hoping some of us don't get ahead of ourselves and think Chelsea will be a clean sweep because this is not going to be straight forward especially after that huge loss they will be looking to bounce back heavy. 

• Like 1

Hope Brighton play like this next week (they won’t). Some of the passing out from the back has been ridiculous!

Edited by RichW

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm confident that if we put in the same level of performance as we did against Arsenal and Bournemouth we will br okay. Can't take anything for granted but we aren't showing any signs of bottling it the closer we get to the finishing line. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I still think this is really tight between us and Spurs - I can see us needing to get something at Palace on the last day.

Saturday is a big opportunity to make a difference.

You can't rule out Manure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, RichW said:

Hope Brighton play like this next week (they won’t). Some of the passing out from the back has been ridiculous!

Why wouldn't they? Their record v us is abysmal in the last four years so even when they're clicking their style doesn't really click v us.

We won 6-1 v them when they'd won 5 of their first 6 prem games of the season. 

Brighton were always going to drop off this season after losing so many key players. You can only keep finding gems to replace the big players sold for so long. 

Credit to them for still having an ok season but it’s a game we should be looking at for 3 points regardless of the situation.

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m very confident we will win on Saturday. 

I was confident we would win against them in the FA Cup so I'm now nervous for this one!

Â