Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

27 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think it's extremely unlikely Burnley beat Spurs, they are just a little less rubbish than they have been most of the season. Newcastle destroyed them.

Can you clarify if this is talking about Burnley or Spurs because it fits both ;)

On 06/05/2024 at 11:52, CVByrne said:

I am 95% positive. Month long blip aside. 

Last month we’ve won 2, drawn 2, lost 1 in the Prem to open a seven-point gap to 5th and also won a European quarter final ;)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Spurs have been worse than us

Spurs have to play City.

5% chance of Spurs getting 4th is about right

Stop panicking.

I don't do panicking pal.....

We look absolutely knackered - Spurs have a decent record vs City when playing at home and Burnley and Blades are dogshit. Not saying it will happen, nor do I want it to obviously, however stranger things have happened......

Edited by Dillon66

I know it's not all about me but from a purely selfish point of view, it's been difficult to watch the premier league games that have been moved to a Sunday to accommodate the conference league fixtures. I'm based in NZ so they've been on a Monday morning 3am. Champion's League fixtures will probably mean that the premier league games can still be on a Saturday so early Sunday morning out time.... much more palatable.... like I said, it's selfish..  

Posted (edited)

Whatever result happens at Old Stratford between Manure and the Arse, City will want to go full tilt against Spurs... there's been talk of them being happy with a draw if Arse draw/lose at Old Stratford but I don't see it myself... there's no merit in drawing v Spurs.. they can win the league at Spurs then rotate players in their final home game before the FA cup game.

Edited by ben1505
error
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

there's been talk of them being happy with a draw

Who said that? Complete nonsense. That's how games are lost

41 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'd have to go back several pages on here but it was definitely mentioned... nothing I've seen from Spurs or Man City recently suggest the result will be anything but a City victory but you never know...

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ben1505 said:

I'd have to go back several pages on here but it was definitely mentioned... nothing I've seen from Spurs or Man City recently suggest the result will be anything but a City victory but you never know...

That's right you never know....

It applies both ways though,

We could, despite being heavily fatigued, get enough points that Spurs can't catch us.... You never know...

Spurs could not get the two nailed on victories and massive GD gain on us from their easy fixtures... You never know...

None of us know what is actually going to happen..

What I do know is I would rather be the team on 67 points after 36 matches, than 60 points after 35 matches....

Oh and our form has been better than theirs quite convincingly, despite all the fatigue, suspensions and injuries that seems to have so many stressed that we are going fail...

Edited by Villan_of_oz

13 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That's right you never know....

It applies both ways though,

We could, despite being heavily fatigued, get enough points that Spurs can't catch us.... You never know...

Spurs could not get the two nailed on victories and massive GD gain on us from their easy fixtures... You never know...

None of us know what is actually going to happen..

What I do know is I would rather be the team on 67 points after 36 matches, than 60 points after 35 matches....

Oh and our form has been better than theirs quite convincingly, despite all the fatigue, suspensions and injuries that seems to have so many stressed that we are going fail...

True….it’s all hypothetical. 
I say enjoy enjoy the ride. Percentages and probabilities are in our favour so I’m trying to stress less and enjoy tomorrow then Monday, whilst probably also be on the each of my seat come Tuesday if results haven’t fallen our way. Hahahaha 

Tbh I think we’ll get through tonight, my prediction is again via penalties, well that’s what I hope have a lazy $250 on penalties, both teams to score, Ollie for a goal and Bailey for an assist. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah I'd like to know which of the Man C115y players said that. I'm sure their manager would like to know too, so he could drop them from the squad.

In all seriousness though, why would anything fans say have any relevance on how professional footballers perform? 

Who cares if a few of their fans have said they would take a draw? It has absolutely zero impact on the game.

People do like to chat some utter bullshit at times.

Edited by GlobalVillan

28 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah I'd like to know which of the Man C115y players said that. I'm sure their manager would like to know too, so he could drop them from the squad.

In all seriousness though, why would anything fans say have any relevance on how professional footballers perform? 

Who cares if a few of their fans have said they would take a draw? It has absolutely zero impact on the game.

People do like to chat some utter bullshit at times.

I said something a few pages back that I hope they don’t rest on their laurels if Manure beat Arsenal then City beating Fulham knowing they’d win the title at home on the final day.

I was talking in hypotheticals and expect people to blow a pooper valve over it.

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I said something a few pages back that I hope they don’t rest on their laurels if Manure beat Arsenal then City beating Fulham knowing they’d win the title at home on the final day.

I was talking in hypotheticals and expect people to blow a pooper valve over it.

I was replying to the notion that "aparrently they will be a happy with a draw".

As that is just nonsense given no players have actually said that.

It wasn't your post I was responding too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I was replying to the notion that "aparrently they will be a happy with a draw".

As that is just nonsense given no players have actually said that.

It wasn't your post I was responding too.

Copy brother I wasn’t actually saying you yourself were. 🤙

• Like 1