Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

I don’t think it’s an issue to believe we won’t catch Liverpool who are 8 points ahead of us. Yes they are struggling but it’s Liverpool, they are more than likely going to turn it around and win at least 3 out of 4 games. We just need to concentrate on our job starting with Chelsea. Win the next two and top 4 is sewn up imo. 

What we have to remember is that we are no longer aiming to compete for places between 12-7th. In those places, a swing of 5 positions with 4 games to go is very possible. 

We are talking about overtaking teams who lose 5-6 games all season. Liverpool lost 4.

We are 99% not overtaking them. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don’t think it’s an issue to believe we won’t catch Liverpool who are 8 points ahead of us. Yes they are struggling but it’s Liverpool, they are more than likely going to turn it around and win at least 3 out of 4 games. We just need to concentrate on our job starting with Chelsea. Win the next two and top 4 is sewn up imo. 

That's a defeatist attitude mate. We're going to win the league

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

What we have to remember is that we are no longer aiming to compete for places between 12-7th. In those places, a swing of 5 positions with 4 games to go is very possible. 

We are talking about overtaking teams who lose 5-6 games all season. Liverpool lost 4.

We are 99% not overtaking them. 

Exactly. People don't seem to realise how hard gaps like that are to overturn at this end of the table. You can't just string a few wins together and reel teams in, unless they completely collapse. Which is rare.

We're basically to liverpool what Man Utd were to us a couple of months ago. The swing in form required to overhaul an 8 point gap is huge with 10-12 games left. With 4 games left it's virtually impossible

• Like 1

Lets just see how west ham get on against lpool Saturday. I watched the Liverpool,  Everton game and Liverpool had some chances but Everton outplayed them, wanted it more all over the pitch. LPools heads dropped. West Ham is not the place to go to with a poor attitude.  

Then they play spurs at home, I so hope I'm wrong and they beat Spurs but watching them. It going to be close. 

I'm not saying its going to happen I'm saying it could happen, saying it's not going to happen is just.........

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's a defeatist attitude mate. We're going to win the league

Yet nobody said Villa would win the league at all...

Could add deluded to the list then?

Just enjoy the journey without the backstabbing eh?

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. People don't seem to realise how hard gaps like that are to overturn at this end of the table. You can't just string a few wins together and reel teams in, unless they completely collapse. Which is rare.

We're basically to liverpool what Man Utd were to us a couple of months ago. The swing in form required to overhaul an 8 point gap is huge with 10-12 games left. With 4 games left it's virtually impossible

I'd say it's more likely for Luton to finish 15th and overtake Brentford. But that's for another topic. 

When was the last Time Liverpool lost 2 homes games in a row.......we're not watching a Good Liverpool team, we are watching a team  collapse.

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yet nobody said Villa would win the league at all...

But it's possible. So surely we should be believing? Or we're defeatist right?

Must admit I thought Liverpool were only on 71 points so thought we were right on their tails.

Yeah 8 point gap is too much. It's a bit like trying to catch Newcastle last season when they had a dip in form.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But it's possible. So surely we should be believing? Or we're defeatist right?

That's up to you, i'm not going to criticise you at all...I was talking about third...

Go for it.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

You got a real hard-on for me right?

Mate you're the one who came at me calling me defeatist and a non believer and deluded. 

And then moaned about name calling and saying you wouldn't criticise people :D 

Anyway let's leave it there. we're derailing the thread. You can PM me if you want to carry on