Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Champions League really is a game changer.

I believe we can finish 5th. I think that's the ceiling.

4th or above will be one of the all-time great PL seasons IMO bearing in mind the levels of competition

I read this as "the levels of corruption".

State of the game I guess 🫤

• Sad 1

With Ramsey and Moreno seemingly back, it's timed wonderfully to get some rotation in to our squad. This will help us cope with the 8 games we've got in December

Tielemans getting his act together gives us a core of 15 fit players for outfield spots where quality doesn't really suffer whoever plays...

Cash Konsa Pau Carlos Digne Moreno

Kamara Luiz Teielemans McGinn

Bailey Diaby Ramsey and (Zaniolo at a push)

Watkins

We are in a good spot to cope with this December, and I'd say better than most clubs beyond Man City.

• Like 3

The rotation aspect is another string to Emery’s bow. He is well versed in keeping a squad in optimum condition throughout extended campaigns. There can’t be many managers in the league with as many season’s of consistent European competition. Pep, Klopp? Who else?

Our squad is deeper than it looks now we’ve got JJ and Moreno back and I’m sure if he wants to add one or two in January then he’ll be able to. 

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Champions League really is a game changer.

I believe we can finish 5th. I think that's the ceiling.

4th or above will be one of the all-time great PL seasons IMO bearing in mind the levels of competition. 

Definitely agree in the overall picture...

...but I'm struggling to name 4 teams which are definitively better than us.  Man City and Liverpool, no question.  Arsenal are top, so possibly them.  Is there a 4th?  Are Spurs, Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea or Brighton a better side than us right now?

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Definitely agree in the overall picture...

...but I'm struggling to name 4 teams which are definitively better than us.  Man City and Liverpool, no question.  Arsenal are top, so possibly them.  Is there a 4th?  Are Spurs, Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea or Brighton a better side than us right now?

I don't think there is much to separate us and these teams, it will go down to who is more consistent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

We will learn a lot this month for sure. 

We only took 5 points last season from the equivalent of the 7 fixtures we have this month. So plenty of room to improve. Could lose to City and Arsenal as still have the opportunity to be as much as 10 points up on last season's games (which would put us 12 up for the season). Even taking 8 to 10 points would be an improvement and not a complete disaster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

its a strange feeling but I cant wait to play Arsenal and Man City. Usually scared and apprehensive. Bring it on

I'm still scared and apprehensive. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Cash Konsa Pau Carlos Digne Moreno

Kamara Luiz Teielemans McGinn

Bailey Diaby Ramsey and (Zaniolo at a push)

Watkins

Interesting idea. I just hope the ref and the opposition don't notice we have 15 outfield players :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

its a strange feeling but I cant wait to play Arsenal and Man City. Usually scared and apprehensive. Bring it on

I agree. I'm really looking forward to the City game. 

Everyone's panicking about how Spurs high line will get on against City, predicting they'll get slaughtered. I'm thinking wait until they play against our high line lol. Were either going to get slaughtered or are going to give them the toughest test they've had this year. I think the later. 

23 minutes ago, tinker said:

We could be on the edge of something very special,  win our next 3 league games and we're top of the league and the football World is turned upside down. UTV .

Sunday is massive for me if we can get 3 points it sets up the City and Arsenal games to be epic.

• Like 4