Marco Asensio

wishywashy

For context, £130k a week is close to what we were paying Danny Ings.

Also I believe the early rumour suggested he would get a £10m signing bonus if he joined us. So you could say West Ham have funded this chance for us.

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

This has the distinct whiff of a classic 'Villa linked, goes to CL club' saga about it.

If he was set on joining us and holding talks with us, we wouldn't know about it. The paper talk and signal boosting is at best wrangling for more money to sign, and more likely to flag up the opportunity to fancier names. I'll be astonished if he is wearing our colours come August - he'll be headed to a CL team or a super high prestige club like Milan.

This does have whiff of Kamara last year when he joins Villa despite offer from bigger club. (Atletico that time and PSG this time)

Seems the detail of exactly how central he will be to Emerys plans will make a difference. I think our edge in these negotiations always seems to be, 1) offer lots of money to the player so we're not financially out bid. 2) Spend the time and effort to sell the project and go into detail how key the play is to that

As I was saying before he might as well stay at Real Madrid if he was to join another PSG or another elite CL club. The main thing that has been said about him wanting to leave is for more playing time and place to start most games. Out of all the teams linked we can offer that to him plus a decent salary

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we sign him, we move to this....

--------------------------------------Watkins---------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Asensio----------------------------------
Ramsey---------------Kamara-------------Luiz-------------------------McGinn
Moreno------------------Mings---------------Konsa-----------------------Cash
-------------------------------------------Martinez----------------------------------------

With the two in bold being the next two I think need replacing. And that isn't a slight on McGinn, I think he's brilliant, but I just think he can cover every position and will still get 30-35 games next season either in that position or playing centrally covering injuries etc.
Cash, I feel we need an upgrade (again, not a bad player). 

Exciting. 

Disagree ever so slightly.  I think you are right that we will bring in another midfielder for McGinn.  But I think we'll then play more of a 4-3-1-2 where we will also get someone to start on the left but to be our main attacking midfielder joining Watkins / Asensio and running from deep (allowing Moreno to provide the width outside) when we have the ball and then dropping back into a 4 man midfielder when we don't have ball.  Then we'd go with your formation above when playing away against big teams and have either Ramsey or McGinn adding more bite to the midfield but also having a bit more licence to attack.

Just now, PeterSw said:

Not bad when you think Digne is on £1.3bil p/w according to reports on VillaTalk

Still struggling to fathom how Digne managed to negotiate 1% of Nas' Adidas shareholding into his deal at Villa. 

An amazing agent.

• Haha 4

Would be an awesome start to the summer if we can pull this deal off. I have a feeling that this will be a summer like we have never seen before as far as the quality of footballer that we will be bringing to the club.

If our manager has flown to Madrid to deal with this personally I think Asensio is pretty much ours. After all, I can't imagine anyone being able to resisit a facial with Unai Emery.

• Shocked 1

Just now, Gompedyret said:

If our manager has flown to Madrid to deal with this personally I think Asensio is pretty much ours. After all, I can't imagine anyone being able to resisit a facial with Unai Emery.

Not sure Emery has flown out there has he?

Â