Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

I’m surprised we haven’t explored a deal with any of the big guns again, you’d think Wes and Nassef would be all over that considering their connections. Going ‘British’ was lovely and all, but, they have produced a fair bit of crap over the last few years. This whole sweaty shirts issue is embarrassing for them and us. 

Edited by Tayls

Would this enhance our case to end the partnership?

Either way, they need to rectify this asap.

At first, I thought it may just be an aesthetic thing and we'd just have to suck it up for rest of season.

However, if it actually FEELS how it looks on the players, as mentioned, thats not good at all.

I've seen comments elsewhere that only our Castore shirts have this issue... TYPICAL!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Surprised it took this long to come out that the players wasn’t happy with the kit, most of us said it in pre season that the shirts looked like they had been dunked into water, dreadful kits sooner we get rid the better

The only thing I can think of is that Castore didn't actually do any testing on the shirts. There's no way that they would have done any sort of destructive testing or water testing on them, looked at the results and thought "Yep, that's fine".

It may not sound like a big deal, but the last thing that you should be needing to worry about as a professional footballer is an uncomfortable kit.

Please just bin them off and give us Umbro or something....

Edited by JoshVilla
Typo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

The only thing I can think of is that Castore didn't actually do any testing on the shirts. There's no way that they would have done any sort of destructive testing or water testing on them, looked at the results and thought "Yep, that's fine".

It may not sound like a big deal, but the last thing that you should be needing to worry about as a professional footballer is an uncomfortable kit.

Please just bin them off and give us Umbro or something....

Do we have any evidence they're uncomfortable? I don't know. But I can see with my own eyes that they look like shite, and sorry, but virtually every elite footballer alive wants to look smart or at least decent or at least have some dignity, and these kits rob them of those things. I can't see that helping our play, you know? It's a distraction.  

Have something stuck to your clothes, drenched in sweat is definitely going to feel disgusting and will have some form of affect on performance. Probably not a significant effect but one that should never have been an issue to begin with. Absolutely terrible from Castore, agree with others worst kit I've ever seen.

• Like 1

I think an investigation should be done over why we signed with Castore. A bit of talk online that our last "manager" is good friends with the Castore founders

I hope this wasnt another act of nepotism because it seems they could be undermining us. No professional club ever has had a jersey that atrocious that doesnt help performance