Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/23 at 22:59

Dreadful performance, never looked like scoring.

Special mention to the referee who managed to kill every momentum with this constant whistling. You are not the main attraction you word removed.

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Incredibly frustrating day. Lack of composure throughout.  Oh well, don’t let it ruin your weekend folks.

Kinda has. Wish we could have got to the final week with some hope

Pathetic 2nd half...  It's very obvious that many of our players can only perform when they aren't under any pressure and there are no expectations of us to get a result.  McGinn & Mings were the only ones who actually seemed to give a shit.  Even if we got European qualification next season we'd probably crash out in the group stages because this squad couldn't handle the pressure of playing a hostile crowd in fooking Slovakia .  

Now that my overreaction rant is over, I always knew this was going to be a very tough game for us.  Plenty for Emery to ponder.  8th is still an amazing finish for us after the mess Slippy G left us in.  

Were done, 8th/9th still a great finish considering our start.  Hopefully we're not at the begining of the shit switch flicking process of ruining Emery's reputation

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Done extremely well to get into a position where Europe was even a possibility but yeah, that's all over now. 

It's deflating for sure but I can't feel annoyed/upset by it because all I wanted at the start of this season was a top half finish. All things considered it's still been an excellent finish. 

I mean it’s very much still on if we beat Tottenham, which is entirely possible.

What is going on? Why have our team lost their shooting and heading accuracy suddenly? Nine attempts in the 2nd half and not one of them on target. It seems time for extra shooting and heading practice in training then.

Edited by robby b

It’s another shocking performance from the worst refs in Europe. On field was a joke and how that isn’t a pen from VAR I can’t work out. He threw it into his path before clearing it. 

Run out of ideas and energy now. Dominant stats and like last week, a soft goal was the difference except we were dominant today.

But when I look at the table every team above us has had a better season, been more consistent and better equipped. You could possibly add Brentford below us to that list so if it’s 8th that’s as good as we could ever have expected at the seasons start and more so after the terrible start.

7 days until spurs at home. Will be an interesting game.

You guys blaming the officiating would be going mad if that "handball" had been given against us. It's clutching at straws and shouldnt have mattered had some big chances not been missed but these games happen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

Why the **** they celebrating like they won the champions league?

This is why it's easier for Brighton to make Europe.

Teams will raise their game against us because of our name, it makes it harder.

Wolves not turning up against Brighton would never ever happen to us.

We were the better team and lost. It hurts but we have done the same against teams on our run.

My complaint is that we are too slow and not clever enough in the final third. We deserved to lose because we SHOULD have won and couldn't.

Very good teams convert their superiority. Hugely disappointing, we've made great progress but have been overperforming and now we are reverting to our level.

Still a good season, but not good enough for Europe.

Have to say today showed on the manager a bit. You can talk depleted squad all you like but when we had to change it up against a team willing to sit and hit on the break he didn't change it. Wolves upped the intensity at the start of the second half to stop us getting at them and he didn't again change it. Left players on who were obviously out of sorts and getting done. Our passion was far too slow on the counter allowing them to get back and flood the midfield and defence. We offered nothing in the final third and that's a concern. Collectively he and the players got it wrong.

I know it's hard to criticise considering the run but aim judging today on just that, today.

Decent response to going behind in first half, but  the 2nd half was dreck and a thoroughly miserable end to any hope of anything other than 8th/9th.

Wolves parked bus and we didn't take the few chances we had. Add in a crappy homer ref and it was just immensely frustrating and ugly match to watch. How such a stop-start 2nd half where it didn't remain in play for more than 10 secs at a time could only get 3 mins added time is just incomprehensible but that was the kind of officiating that was on offer today

Some of the worst officiating I've seen since... well, since our last game. Atrocious.

That said, we both dominated the game AND weren't good enough, which says more about Wolves' anti-football than anything else.

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Diego Carlos not reading the room and embracing Lopetegui after the defeat..... cherry on top

Yeah saw this, wasn't on really after Lopy was cheering like he'd won the league.

• Like 1

We could end up in 9th, which still represents a good season given the disaster that the slippy footed word removed created, but man, it will feel so disappointing. Let’s hope we can find some kind of form again for the last three, very difficult games. 

Â