Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

38 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Might be overall control of the V sports transfer business that might of tempted him. 

A transfer empire of such. 

+ more money ofc. 

Now, That sounds feasible.....Director of traffic, in and out, of all the clubs.

Looking forward to reading/hearing some knowledgeable words on this (so not from the likes of Guillem Balague).

Is he a negotiator? A scout?

I believe he was banging the drum for all the players to change their contracts when there was no legal basis to. De Jong, Dembele and the like.

10 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Just scanning through Reddit, I haven’t seen a bad word about him from Barca fans so I guess that’s a good thing

Looking through a Barca fourm also, they seem to believe he was against the return of Messi and this is one of reasons he is leaving 

3 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Just scanning through Reddit, I haven’t seen a bad word about him from Barca fans so I guess that’s a good thing

The Barcelona subreddit is on suicide watch right now.  They're stunned that little ole' Aston Fookin' Villa is stealing their prized DOF from them. 

"Why would he go to Villa?  They don't have oil money..."

• Like 1

Barcas transfer strategy feels kinda similar to Chelsea under Boehly as in sign all the players without having any plan With the added bonus that Barca have no money. Clubs is disaster so no idea how much of that strategy falls on Alemany. Results on and off the pitch have been catastrophic. Winning the league this year changes little. Maybe it's just their managers who are to blame

Also no idea how responsible he is for the clusterf''k situation that is Gave but would be quite amusing if he could use that in his role here and bring Gavi to Villa on a free on a technicality :D 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Barcas transfer strategy feels kinda similar to Chelsea under Boehly as in sign all the players without having any plan With the added bonus that Barca have no money. Clubs is disaster so no idea how much of that strategy falls on Alemany. Results on and off the pitch have been catastrophic. Winning the league this year changes little. Maybe it's just their managers who are to blame

Also no idea how responsible he is for the clusterf''k situation that is Gave but would be quite amusing if he could use that in his role here and bring Gavi to Villa on a free on a technicality :D 

Tough guy to please.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Tom Collomosse reporting it also - although quoting Spanish sources. He doesn’t usually get involved in too much Villa speculation - more when there is substance 

As good as done then I’d say. He’s usually spot on and you’re right, doesn’t mess around with speculation. 

• Like 1

So, practically speaking. Can a sporting director work for two clubs during the same window? If he is committed to completing Barca transfer business this summer, what does that mean for us? Will he be arranging deals for both clubs? Or will he not impact our summer at all (which I would find hard to believe)?

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

The Barcelona subreddit is on suicide watch right now.  They're stunned that little ole' Aston Fookin' Villa is stealing their prized DOF from them. 

"Why would he go to Villa?  They don't have oil money..."

Wow, I checked out that subreddit as well, and him leaving is universally being seen as a massive loss for them.

image.png.c491d111c962beafc9150e66673c24f3.png

Sounds promising for us, if true.

• Thanks 1

I think we're making a clear direction for the club. We want to be taking the best young players from Iberia to come to us in the PL. Lots of Spanish speaking players at Villa. A Spanish Coach who is renowned for improving players and a modern systems coach. We hopefully will now have a skilled DoF to negotiate all of this and get deals over the line. Hopefully also opens up new loan pathways for younger players to go to Spain or Portugal

Â