Mateu Alemany

PieFacE

I wonder what this means in terms of access to Barcelona's analytics staff: going after a few of them would be grand. The Barcelona Innovation Hub is allegedly very, very good. IIRC their work does tend to get ignored by the powers that be: who im pretty sure rejected recommendations to sign Mbappe and Haaland in 2017...

45 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Alemany goes right up and 'takes the fruit he wants'. 

Nassef digs up the god damned tree. 

A lot of other fans and media ignore how rich and ambitious and driven NSWE are - now they are realising when we play our hands more. You love to see it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Especially with more and more American owners. I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing fixtures played in America and relegation from the league is dropped to only 1/2 teams. 

Wasn't their inside rumour that Lerner was shocked after buying the club that relegation from the PL was a thing? Seems dubious I admit

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Alemany also negotiated the free signings of Kessie and Lewandowski. He’s one heck of a negotiator - especially with the constraints Barcelona found themselves in. 

He paid 45 million for a 33 year old Lewandowski and gave a 4 year deal on 10 million a year which increases per season up to 16 million in season 3

Kessie is on 250k a week 5 year contract

Not sure his negotiating skills on these should be praised

• Like 2

This is fairly astonishing.

You can't ignore that Barca are in a bit of a mess (despite going to win the league), and that outside of the PL and a few very rich clubs, football seems to be in a bit of a mess financially - so the financial comments about Barca can't compete is (in my opinion) probably more to do transfer budget and player salaries, than his own salary. 

But....this shows massive ambition, and will surely provide that boost in the transfer market this summer.
Players may now look at Villa differently compared to what we'd expect - this shows we mean business. Add Unai, our recent form, and the all round attraction of the PL. We are clearly on the up.

• Like 2

My boss always goes on about perception. 

And in this case its true. Mega rich owners with a world class manager and world class sporting director. Screams success. 

Hi Jorge  it's Mateu . Go get Pedro. I have Unai on the line wishing to speak with him.

Or Jorge its Johan... who ? Johan. You know. The quiet serial killer looking geezer in Aston Villa photos... oh yes i know. 

Thats not me having a go at Johan. Its just perception   innit 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He paid 45 million for a 33 year old Lewandowski and gave a 4 year deal on 10 million a year which increases per season up to 16 million in season 3

Barca is a weird beast. I am more interested in his time before he got there. However, their situation with the debt/levers must have been a nightmare to navigate and I think you could say it has been handled well. They have a quality young spine to the team and the makings of something great if they keep improving the team.

Edited by Anything11
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Remember - Kessie was a free transfer. His transfer value was what, €50m, when he left AC Milan? That 250k a week is £65m over 5 years, when he was a freebie. Sounds OK in that context, if your figures are right.

I don't think a DoF at Barca is judged on his ability to sign top players - I could do that; its Barcelona. I think its much more in the nuance about getting the right players across the squad, at the right prices, at the right time. 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep. Not great. Kind of standard Barca overpaying when the name alone would allow them to underpay just because a player would be living a dream. 

Either way. I am on board because under him i will not be bored. 

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Same Lewandowski who scored 29 goals to fire Barcelona to the title? 

• Like 1

Â