Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/23 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

We are running out of steam a bit, but I am still 100% proud of our achievements so far under Emery and particularly in that second half where we were the better team.

We deserved a point. I thought we might lose this one, so no shame in this result at all. End of the run, but no way has the momentum been stopped. Well played boys and on to the next match.

I don’t think it was steam today, I thought last game it might be but 1st half we were sloppy and looked scared to play.  Second half I thought we were more back to our competitive way.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The thing is that once a player is booked, the rest doesn't follow.  There's not a **** chance Man Utd should've had a man sent off - it's utter nonsense.

It's not necessarily about then then getting away with a sending off. But they can't carry on doing their disruptive antics for the rest of the game. They get immense levels of protection at old Trafford, it's something you have to overcome.

We didn't do enough to overcome it today,  and then conceded an unlucky goal to boot.  Still come a long way from where we'd normally be against a United team away from home.  Especially given they stopped playing their liability of a centre back that has contributed to their recent poor performances. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

quick everyone over to the Buendia thread, time to get some blame in

I'm a Bueni fan, but a match like this where the ref lets everything go is not going to favor him. He fought as always, but he was up against bigger players who bullied him off the ball.

My word - the overreactions on here.

Whinging about the ref

Whinging about Buendia (because, why not. Everyone else is untouchable).

Whinging about our first loss - away to Manure, no less - in 10 games.

We were unlucky not to come away with a point, which I would have taken before kickoff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Outperformed from top to bottom. No cutting edge. A bit slow and sloppy. Disappointed in the 2nd half response. Credit to them though, they were well organized and quicker.

We had a great run and still much to play for, so chins up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve been defending him on this board but even I have to say he was poor today.  Amount of times he lost the ball or passed to their players.  I have faith him but today was a really poor day for him personally.

I don’t mind him losing the ball but not chasing back to win it is what I think most are more disappointed with. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

My word - the overreactions on here.

Whinging about the ref

Whinging about Buendia (because, why not. Everyone else is untouchable).

Whinging about our first loss - away to Manure, no less - in 10 games.

We were unlucky not to come away with a point, which I would have taken before kickoff.

It’s a match thread where people will react to how the match went. Commenting on the ref, patterns of play, mistakes , missed chances etc is the norm. 

I never understand these types of posts.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It’s a match thread where people will react to how the match went. Commenting on the ref, patterns of play, mistakes , missed chances etc is the norm. 

I never understand these types of posts.

True, but no need for the negative posts after a 1-0 loss at Man U. 

Dragging ourselves to the end of the season

We have blew it, Europe is over. 

We are still in it, unless like i said, Brighton and Tottenham are going to play like Man City for the rest of the season. Lose to the likes of Wolves an I will agree, it's over!

Edited by foreveryoung

The comments before the game about how Shaw and Lindelof was a weak CB pairing that we should expect to bully all day looked overconfident when they were made, and look really stupid now. That's a backline that has kept out Brighton and a Villa side who had scored in 19(?) straight PL games; Shaw was impressive and I think Lindelof was (along with Casemiro) the MOTM. Defensive quality told, as neither Buendia nor Ramsey were quite able to get the ball to Watkins in dangerous positions, or take the chances they occasionally got. 

Despite the fuss, we were always likely to get no more than 1 point out of this game. I think it does pretty much end any prospect of top 4, and makes 5th and 6th very hard to imagine, so for me the ideal result now shifts from a Liverpool-Spurs draw to hoping Liverpool absolutely smash them and then hoping we can just stay ahead of Spurs for 7th. If by some miracle we can achieve that, make no mistake, that will be an insane achievement from this manager. Even if we can't, just being in the conversation is remarkable. 

Just gotta get back on the horse. 

• Like 4

Â