Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/23 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Let me break it down: We weren't that bad, the ref isn't to blame and neither is Buendia.

We lost to the team coming 4th. At their place. And we were unlucky not to get a draw....

... but feel free to overreact.

And where did I overreact slick? 

• Haha 1

I expected the loss but we came close to nicking a goal in the 2nd which would have been a great result. We have done absolutely fantastic to be unbeaten in 10 and a loss was inevitable. Also we have to be realistic,  we have too many ordinary to ok players and Man Utd have much more quality. Unai has done amazing stuff in a short time and hopefully when he strengthens the squad in the summer he will bring in more quality to enable us to compete more effectively.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

Donk instead of Kamara and Young instead of someone not pushing 40 was always going to effect us sooner or later. We looked a bit tired last game and again today. Wasn't a terrible performance and we absolutely had chances to get something.

Would perhaps have been a different game if Casemiro had gotten an early yellow for that two footed jumping tackle. But that's Manure and Pgmol so same as always.

Just now, ozvillafan said:

You asked what the point was. I gave you the response.

If it wasn't specifically you that overracted - good for you.

Keep your condescending nonsense to yourself then.

Fans slightly upset after a defeat on a match thread shocker. Are you new?

More like good for you if you’re not upset about a defeat.

Difficult game against a very good Man Utd team. Can’t win them all. Much better second half from us.

Deserved victory for them, Luiz could and possibly should have stolen though if it weren’t for that ridiculous goal line clearance.

Onto the next final.

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The comments before the game about how Shaw and Lindelof was a weak CB pairing that we should expect to bully all day looked overconfident when they were made, and look really stupid now. That's a backline that has kept out Brighton and a Villa side who had scored in 19(?) straight PL games; Shaw was impressive and I think Lindelof was (along with Casemiro) the MOTM. Defensive quality told, as neither Buendia nor Ramsey were quite able to get the ball to Watkins in dangerous positions, or take the chances they occasionally got. 

Despite the fuss, we were always likely to get no more than 1 point out of this game. I think it does pretty much end any prospect of top 4, and makes 5th and 6th very hard to imagine, so for me the ideal result now shifts from a Liverpool-Spurs draw to hoping Liverpool absolutely smash them and then hoping we can just stay ahead of Spurs for 7th. If by some miracle we can achieve that, make no mistake, that will be an insane achievement from this manager. Even if we can't, just being in the conversation is remarkable. 

Just gotta get back on the horse. 

Yeah lindelof dominated watkins and casemiro is just world class. Thats why we need a fully fit kamara.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Keep your condescending nonsense to yourself then.

Fans slightly upset after a defeat on a match thread shocker. Are you new?

More like good for you if you’re not upset about a defeat.

Yes - I enjoy a loss. 🙄

Yes - I'm new here 🙄

Condescending? Works both ways.

If you ask the point of my post, don't get upset when I explain it.

Utd are garbage aren't they :lol: Awful side.

Diving, time wasting, clinging on at the end, ref gives them everything. Absolutely no fear of them in the near future. Ten Hag may have made them better than Ole Gunnar did, but they are far from a good team.

Makes me even more excited about next season if they can get top 4.

Tired, poor performance from us. Still nearly got a point. With Watkins, JJ and Moreno quiet and Buendia playing like a penis.

Look this team, the manager and our support deserve all round praise, nothing much unai could have tried and second half we played very well and unlucky not to leave with a point, united played tough and were prepared for us in almost every way.. all in all we are a bloody WELL coached team and stood right in there faces and showed no respect, if this is how we are going to keep playing there will be no reason to worry moving forward.. its so easy for fans to start speaking negative and looking for all sorts to say but we got cut out by one goal which was not a awful goal to concede.

TBH im struggling to give MOTM as several players played very well, i would include ramsey, mcginn and konsa in my pick of three.

Im so impressed with these boys and this certainly wont dampen my day, its a loss but i don't see it as one because the fight and commitment we showed… UTV !! proud of you boys ❤️

• Like 1

One costly mistake from Konsa not stepping up for their goal and it had to him didn’t it. Other than that I can’t think of too many other killer chances for them.

I had us down to lose this so it was a free hit. We’ll be a better team next year though. 

Thankfully Liverpool are spanking Spuds so onwards and upwards to Wolves. 

2 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

man utd a very good team especially at old Trafford 

Yes, like you I also know that Man Utd are good but apparently some people on here in the pre-match thread didn't know... some ridiculous comments saying they're really "sh*t", etc, well then today's result has come back to haunt them. They were still 4th before kick-off, still well above us on points, best undefeated at home record in the league, I say that's not really sh*t.

But still, I'm saying that in 51 minutes (the 2nd half) we should have forced De Gea into at least one save.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

how did we look tired against a team that had two days less recovery? 

Very disappointing. Which I acknowledge is a reflection of changing expectations, but nevertheless, still feels like we'll now end in a damp squib, the performances against brentford and fulham were largely poor as well. Really need fresh legs back as soon as possible. 

Can't see us getting anything against Wolves now

Oh come on now stop being overreactive, yeah we didnt play at our highest level against fulham and brentford but that still doesn’t mean we didnt play well, our performance against newcastle and today against united should put any worry about us feeling leggy and lethargic… stay positive and show better faith to our team.. unbeaten in 9/10 is bloody ridiculous 

Edited by RicRic

Today showed the difference a couple of high quality players can make.  Erickson and Casemiro are world class.  Dougie and Donk are not.  The fact that we're going toe-to-toe with teams who have the spending power of ManUre is credit to Unai Emery.  This is his strength - to raise the level of the collective.  

59 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Dougie had two shots on targets in that melee that Lindelof cleared off the line with his head

Yeah that was close. But on the other hand De Gea only had one save to make in the entire game.

As for Lindelof, Sky have given him the highest rating of the game, an 8, and MOTM. He was supposed to be terrible according to a post in the pre-match thread. 🙄

53 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's not necessarily about then then getting away with a sending off. But they can't carry on doing their disruptive antics for the rest of the game. They get immense levels of protection at old Trafford, it's something you have to overcome.

I think there were 4 bookings in the game today - Casemiro on Ramsey, McGinn on Eriksen, Fred on McGinn and then Fred kicking the ball away. That was it - it wasn’t a dirty game at all. Of those, the ref gave 1 card (Fred, kicking ball away).

If Fred had been booked for his foul on McGinn then he doesn’t kick the ball away. Nothing else had any impact on the game. I don’t even think Casemiro committed a foul after that bad one (he arguably should’ve on Ramsey, but that was never a yellow).

The ref blew for 16 fouls from Man Utd versus 7 from us. I think there were 2 fouls in the second half which weren’t given but the rest was fine. He could’ve also given Man Utd a penalty, but didn’t.

The fuss over that performance is insane. 

Â