Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 10

TheAuthority

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I was replying to a post about Newcastle in a pre match Newcastle thread. That's what it's got to do with this game.

Newcastle have a thread all on there very own (you can discuss the owners on their) , this thread is a discussion on the game and how we are going to beat them on Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

Newcastle have a thread all on there very own (you can discuss the owners on their) , this thread is a discussion on the game and how we are going to beat them on Saturday. 

Yes boss. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheFish said:

Pope

Trippier Schar Botman Moreno

Luiz Bruno Joelinton

Isak Wilson ASM

That might seem harsh or unbelievably biased, but that's honestly where I'm at.

Pope has more clean sheets, better save %, more sweeping actions etc. 

Schar has improved hugely under Howe. He's calm under pressure, good tenchnique, threat from set pieces, not just aerially, but he's got a good shot on him too, plus he has a wonderful range of passing. Every time I've seen Mings he looks like he's got a big mistake in him, like Lascelles does. 

Moreno beats our leftbacks because Targett hasn't been fit and Burn isn't a left back.

Coin toss between Kamara and Luiz, for me. They're both better than Longstaff/Willock, but neither are good enough to oust Bruno or Joelinton.

Front three speaks for itself. Watkins is in good form, but I'd have any of our lot over him. 

Yep quite clearly very biased there. No Martinez and Kamara in your team is just insane.

My team:

Martinez

Trippier Mings Botman Moreno

Luiz Kamara 

McGinn Bruno Isak

Watkins

My only issue is putting two left footed CBs but neither Schar or Konsa are great so have just put the two best CBs at each club. Diego Carlos and Botman might actually be the best though but Carlos has barely played this season.

Edited by Leeroy

40 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Yep quite clearly very biased there. No Martinez and Kamara in your team is just insane.

My team:

Martinez

Trippier Mings Botman Moreno

Luiz Kamara 

McGinn Bruno Isak

Watkins

My only issue is putting two left footed CBs but neither Schar or Konsa are great so have just put the two best CBs at each club. Diego Carlos and Botman might actually be the best though but Carlos has barely played this season.

No point even replying to that as he's clearly on a wind up.

Joelinton over Kamara lololol.

The crack must be strong up in Newcastle if he isn't trolling.

Kamara is 10 times the player and its laughable to even put them in the same sentence.

His comment about Mings shows that he is either on a wind up or doesn't watch our games. 1 goal conceded from open play in 7 matches suggests Mings is a quality defender. And as fans, we know he is.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Kamara is 10 times the player and its laughable to even put them in the same sentence.

His comment about Mings shows that he is either on a wind up or doesn't watch our games. 1 goal conceded from open play in 7 matches suggests Mings is a quality defender. And as fans, we know he is.

FWIW, I think Joelinton is a big reason that Newcastle have been so successful this season. Very intense in his aggressive pressing in the middle of the pitch from what I’ve seen. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

FWIW, I think Joelinton is a big reason that Newcastle have been so successful this season. Very intense in his aggressive pressing in the middle of the pitch from what I’ve seen. 

Kamara is different gravy. 

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I agree Joelinton has been phenomenal this season. Hoping a fully fit Kamara is good to go and compete against him on Saturday. 

Feels a bit like a clash of the titans outside of the Sky six etc, with both sides in good form recently and both eager to secure a European place.

Newcastle are a good side and have only lost three games so far this season, by comparison, we’ve lost eleven games. It’s going to be tough. However, under Emery I’m confident we can gain a positive result in any game. We’ll hopefully keep the ball well and break when the time is right. Patience is key.

Newcastle may even win the possession stakes here but I’m hoping we defend our box better and be more clinical.

Kamara being 100% fit is massive for us but unless he’s trained all week, I’d be reluctant to start him for this. I therefore don’t think he’ll start but may make the bench. Cash also.

Martinez

Young       Konsa           Mings       Moreno

Dendoncker         Luiz

McGinn                       Ramsey

Buendia       
                                   Watkins

Subs:  Olsen, Cash, Digne, Carlos, Chambers, Revan, Kamara, Traore, Duran 

This could either be a very cagey cat and mouse game, with a 1-0 win for either side or a crazy mad back and forth fight to the death that neither manager plans for? I’m going with a mad 2-2 draw.  UTV

20 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Martinez

Dendoncker         Luiz

Buendia       
                                   Watkins

Guimarães doesn't even make your bench! That will rile up the natives.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Feels a bit like a clash of the titans outside of the Sky six etc, with both sides in good form recently and both eager to secure a European place.

Newcastle are a good side and have only lost three games so far this season, by comparison, we’ve lost eleven games. It’s going to be tough. However, under Emery I’m confident we can gain a positive result in any game. We’ll hopefully keep the ball well and break when the time is right. Patience is key.

Newcastle may even win the possession stakes here but I’m hoping we defend our box better and be more clinical.

Kamara being 100% fit is massive for us but unless he’s trained all week, I’d be reluctant to start him for this. I therefore don’t think he’ll start but may make the bench. Cash also.

Martinez

Dendoncker         Luiz

Buendia       
                                   Watkins

This could either be a very cagey cat and mouse game, with a 1-0 win for either side or a crazy mad back and forth fight to the death that neither manager plans for? I’m going with a mad 2-2 draw.  UTV

They have only lost 3, and are a tough team. But they have only won 15, which is only 1 more than us. They’ve drew 11 times. They’ve been given an aura of invincibility.

Really looking forward to this one, just wish it was a later kick-off. Nothing would please me more than us beating this lot and wiping the smiles from those Saudi pimp bigots faces. 

I also love the fact Unai turned down the offer to manage them and instead chose us, that adds a bit of spice to an already tense important game. We certainly need to come out the blocks with more intent than what we did against Forest? As I said last week, we were far too pedestrian at times especially in the first half. It's no use choosing to attack the Holte- End from the toss and being lacklustre, the whole point of that choice, one I don't like, is to create momentum from the first minute. 

I think we'll prevail, Ollie to score, be nice to see him get more than one. I'm going  to have a flutter, Ollie, fgs and a 2- 0 victory. "Come on me Babbys!

• Like 1

Looking forward to this. I don't see it anything else than a draw and a cracking game.

Early kickoff is excellent too - that equates to a 9:30pm kick off down here. Might get some sleep for a change.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

You misunderstood, it isn't Joelinton over Kamara, it's Luiz over Kamara, but like I said, that's a coin flip. It's Bruno over everyone, Joelinton + 1 of Luiz or Kamara.

Conceding 1 from open play in 7 doesn't necessarily mean that's down to your CB. More likely it's down to Emery's excellent coaching, and pragmatic system. I've only watched Mings on tv, or when we faced you under Gerrard or other previous managers, so yeah I may be being harsh. Too often though, I've seen him be poor positionally, or rash in the tackle or cocking up e.g. for Saka's when you faced Arsenal this season. I don't rate him that much at all. 

12 minutes ago, TheFish said:

You misunderstood, it isn't Joelinton over Kamara, it's Luiz over Kamara, but like I said, that's a coin flip. It's Bruno over everyone, Joelinton + 1 of Luiz or Kamara.

Conceding 1 from open play in 7 doesn't necessarily mean that's down to your CB. More likely it's down to Emery's excellent coaching, and pragmatic system. I've only watched Mings on tv, or when we faced you under Gerrard or other previous managers, so yeah I may be being harsh. Too often though, I've seen him be poor positionally, or rash in the tackle or cocking up e.g. for Saka's when you faced Arsenal this season. I don't rate him that much at all. 

I would stick the bearded fella of yours I saw outside the Yew Tree last year at VP in goal.  He must have been pushing 7ft and just as wide. Nowt would be able to fit past him 

Edited by Follyfoot

11 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Yeah, that's true.  I don't think Newcastle's good defence is actually based on their defence either.