Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 10

TheAuthority

On 13/04/2023 at 11:50, duke313 said:

Going to be a tough test but going by Newcastle fans on their forum and twitter, they are expecting an easy 3 points, I'm not sure Emery will see it that way.

They seem to be basing this on the fact the teams we have beaten are all in the bottom half.  Looking at their last 5 games Wolves, Forest, West Ham (all in the bottom half also), and their other two were wins against Man U and Brentford (who we also have beaten).

I'm hoping they underestimate us, and Emery gives Howe a footballing lesson.

you can only play who's in front of you.

The previous games of both teams will count for nothing....its all on the day.

I worry about us physically, and hope Botman does not injure Ollie, which concerns me.....Botman clatters an awful lot as opposed to fair challenges.

Edited by TRO

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

you can only play who's in front of you.

The previous games of both teams will count for nothing....its all on the day.

I worry about us physically, and hope Botman does not injury Ollie, which concerns me.....Botman clatters an awful lot as opposed to fair challenges.

I’m worried about Ollie up top alone in general tbh thought felipe did a very good job for Forrest against him 

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm a little concerned about their physicality.

Dan Burn especially seems a bit of a nasty piece of work; the little I have watched of them he seems to be a bit too physical. Everything is a battle and he's on the edge...Villa don't cope well against that type of player!

Traore will get injured tomorrow from an ugly tackle I think. 

Jokes on them though, because big Jhon has been itching to do some damage for a while.

• Haha 1

I hope we don't succumb to the sucker punch diagonal ball over the top, and behind our full backs.....it seems a number of teams have used this tactic against us.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah there's no chance of a good atmosphere tomorrow. The 12:30 kick off, whilst a ball ache for the travelling fans, will definitely play into Newcastle's hands with everyone just out of bed and hardly any pre match drinking.

Speak for yourself!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Nope, unfortunately.

If Villa win this we'll finish top six at least.

Our fixtures are looking good aswell. Newcastle and Fulham at home, Brentford away. Would snap your hands of for those 3 fixtures at the start of the season.