Pre-Match Thread Cup Final 3 of 10

TheAuthority

33 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

https://true-faith.co.uk/aston-villa-what-is-their-problem/

What a load of drivel this is.

What's our problem? It's them who have the problem. Getting all precious about s couple of banners and now upset that nobody recognises anything they do from now as legitimate.

It's both to be honest.

But again, these sort of articles amuse me.  "I don't care about Villa so much that I'm going to dedicate an entire article to how much I don't care about them".  Aye, alright mate :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Oh come on now. One of them is a word cup winner who was voted best 'keeper in the world, the other is 3rd choice England 'keeper.

It's not even close.

I wouldn't like to use England selection as a barometer since Watkins and Mings, clearly two of the best English players in their respective positions, still aren't being called up. But regardless, it's still not even close.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

The Fish is surely trolling! 

Looking for some decent content for a blog or forum.

Looking forward to playing em,  they have done well and look likely to break the top 4 monopoly this season, if they can beat us. If we beat them then we both look to break the top 6 monopoly,  happy days all round.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Oh come on now. One of them is a word cup winner who was voted best 'keeper in the world, the other is 3rd choice England 'keeper.

It's not even close.

Courtois is the best 'keeper in the world it's official and all that, and that Southgate chooses ol' t-rex arms ahead of Nick Pope is a mystery that will baffle historians for centuries to come. 

Just now, tinker said:

Looking for some decent content for a blog or forum.

Looking forward to playing em,  they have done well and look likely to break the top 4 monopoly this season, if they can beat us. If we beat them then we both look to break the top 6 monopoly,  happy days all round.

There's nothing good about a state owned Newcastle breaking into the top 6. Nothing. Its immoral, its against the rules and its just cheating on a monumental scale. And that's before we even look at the state that owns them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Courtois is the best 'keeper in the world it's official and all that, and that Southgate chooses ol' t-rex arms ahead of Nick Pope is a mystery that will baffle historians for centuries to come. 

Sorry but no.. https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/articles/tbffa-2022-the-best-fifa-mens-goalkeeper-martinez-bounou-courtois

That's the FIFA award.

You on the other hand, posted a link to the International Federation of Historical Statistics to make your point. That's embarrassing pal.

Edited by GlobalVillan

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

There's nothing good about a state owned Newcastle breaking into the top 6. Nothing. Its immoral, its against the rules and its just cheating on a monumental scale. And that's before we even look at the state that owns them.

Not sure what that's got to do with this game and none of us have any power over who owns us and that's the sad reality of it all, not voting the tories would help a bit.

Saturday 11 v 11, let's do em.

Just now, tinker said:

Not sure what that's got to do with this game and none of us have any power over who owns us and that's the sad reality of it all, not voting the tories would help a bit.

Saturday 11 v 11, let's do em.

I was replying to a post about Newcastle in a pre match Newcastle thread. That's what it's got to do with this game.

31 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Pope cost england a goal pre-world cup. There's no doubt he's a good keeper but not in the same class as Martinez. I agree with most of your selections and I would only have Martinez, moreno, Luiz and Watkins in a combined team. Mings is close but the Newcastle defence has been great all season even holding Arsenal.

Big test Saturday 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

The "rivalry" between Villa fans and Newcastle fans is such a load of nonsense. Mostly fuelled by Twitter idiots on both sides. 

I'm just looking forward to this game. Both clubs in fantastic form and looking to finish in a great place. Should make for a good game. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2